Monday, November 06, 2023

Thankful November

 Every Year in November I love looking for the Gratitude Photo Projects - they give you a prompt and you got take a photo of that thing.


This year I decided to do my own - What I am thankful for each day. I am posting them on IG (well most of them) Daily - and thought I would do them here to - but maybe once a week so I don't annoy myself haha!

So far:



I’m thankful that I got to go hang out with this amazing 99yo WWII Veteran and his friends!!

He was 18 when he entered the Army and was a Medic.
The stories he shared were amazing!! He and 5 of his 6 brothers were in the military during WWII ( the youngest brother wasn’t old enough and served later )

To say that he was amazing is an understatement- but I sure appreciate the time I got to spend with him !


Not a bad view for the morning. Since it’s the month to be Thankful…   

I will be thankful for the view today 🏔️





Intentional gratefulness is the greatest cure for discouragement. It beats out the blues. It drowns out the voice of self-pity, and it can be a tool to overcome depression and anxiety.

Today my thanks is for the glorious sunrises ,





Wide open spaces …. Room to run and room to grow …

The gorgeous landscape that makes up the great country of ours is what I’m thankful for today. And the ability to see it ❤️


While I know not everyone appreciates the time change - Today I do - I got out to ride and didn't have to saddle in the dark....

And look - My buddy even gets love from his riding partner ❤💙❤



That is my week of Gratefulness so far!!!


Find me at all these places:




15 comments:

Su Edberg said...

Thank you for all you do. I am really enjoying seeing your "Gratefulness" pictures. We really do have a lot to be grateful for.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The photos are just breathtaking. Oh, my. They inspire me. You live in a gorgeous place. Thanks for sharing the photos today.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

isn't that something 5 out of 6 brothers serving at the same time - what a worry that must have been for their family
beautiful scenery - that must be nice riding horses out there looking at all of that

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love seeing what everyone is thankful for regardless of the time of year! :)

Robin said...

A grateful post is just what I needed. Thanks.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks for sharing the great photos and thoughts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am thankful for the amazing photographs you share of those wide open spaces, sunrises, sunsets, horses, mountains, and SO much more!

Tom said...

...WWII Vets are a dying breed! Our grandson is an Army combat medic. Thanks for sharing your wonderful views.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Amazing photos

Terri said...

We R thankful for you! and your pictures!

magiceye said...

Beautiful captures.

Bipolaroid said...

Very beautiful sunrise. Great day ahead.

Debbie B said...

What beautiful photos! They are awesome. I miss "my mountains". We lived in HIghlands Ranch and I had a great view of the front range from my living room. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers to your veteran.

Kate said...

Wonderful photos, lots to be thankful for.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful views indeed. What a wonderful gifting to the 99yo Vet!