Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thankful November Week 4

 Just a few more things I Found to be grateful for:


The idea of being thankful for something each day didn’t seem hard at the first post - but for some reason today I feel like I’m reaching . And nothing bad has happened , it was actually a great day - but trying to find the specific thing to be grateful for is hard for me today.

So since I’m reaching - I’m thankful that I remembered to take the turkey out to defrost and it’s almost there .

One year my Dad and Mom came to the house on Wednesday and asked where the turkey was . I answered … the freezer .

Oops. Apparently I had not gotten the Butterball memo that turkey’s didn’t defrost over night .

The steak sure tasted good that year !! 



Love the sunsets around here 🙂 and the smells in my house !!

I’m thankful for pumpkin pie … and the kids heading our way !

Ps - I still can not master the gluten free pie crust so I went with the impossible pumpkin pie and it’s yummy !!!

( yep i taste tested) 🥧








This will be my last post of my intentional gratefullness project this year 😀

I think (for me ) that trying to be intentional about finding a thankful each day helped my attitude and helped my focus .

And as of today … I can go back to being the grinch 🤣🤣

Ha ha !!!
Thanks for hanging out with me these last few weeks ❤️❤️ 






8 comments:

Linda said...

Lol those turkeys do have to be defrosted don't they, and it takes so long! What is the mountain range in your sunset photo? It's beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Delighted Hands said...

Your thankful posts have been very encouraging! One grand asked for steak next year! lol I am not a turkey fan either but I make it for everyone else each year!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Someone I follow on Instagram had their yellow labrador sneak into the garage and eat the thawing turkey. I think they enjoyed their steaks this year, too! I hope you had a very Happy and cozy Thanksgiving. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've enjoyed your thankful posts this month! And sometimes it is just the small things- like the turkey defrosting, lol! They sure take a long time to do that. Impossible pumpkin pie - I'm going to have to Google that. Happy Sunday - hope you're not too snowed in there.

tz_garden said...

The frozen turkey made me laugh - I was so focused on the sides this year I almost forgot to put the turkey in the oven! An hour late I remembered.

Kate said...

It's amazing what you are just expected to know about cooking things. I had a chuckle about the un-defrosted turkey. Thankfully My Guy is up on that kinda stuff. Sometimes it's easy to just feel a bit off before a holiday, they are a lot of work, even as they are a lot of fun. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

Nancy said...

Alycia, it's hard to believe that you could be a grinch! No way.
I think intentional gratitude is a great idea. When I'm not thinking about being grateful, I find that I'm noticing less and things go by without my even noticing them.
Steak is a great option instead of turkey. One year we visited my parents before Thanksgiving and came home to realize that I hadn't even bought a turkey! Big oops.
Beautiful sunset!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just found a book, 'Good Days Start With Gratitude' journal. You are supposed to list 3 things each day that you are thankful for. I haven't started it yet.