Friday, November 24, 2023

A 2024 Patriotic Mystery and!! Finished!! ( Or not) Friday!!


Around here we might over eat on Thanksgiving... okay - Not overeat as much as Overcook... which means I am off duty for a few days until they clean up all the leftovers!! Go me!!

So!! what is this about a new mystery? Well!! 

I have written a new mystery - Oh boy!!! Apparently I got inspired and got ahead of myself haha!



But with all the Cool Mysteries and Winter Quilt a longs I thought it would be best to wait until 2024 to start it....

I will tell you some secrets about it
it will finish at 64 x 80
It will be a scrappy one - yes you can use yardage - I will have that figured as well - but!
Scraps!!!

Think
1 1/2 in strips of lights
2 1/2 inch strips of Red and Blues

and a few 3 1/2 inch strips thrown in for good measure..

maybe (but DON"T force yourself!!) if you are tidying up from other projects - you can start piling some of these size scraps in a bin.....

There you go! That is your pre-warning. 

Now!! I do these mysteries because they are fun and I love them - but! I also am trying to encourage us to make at least one Quilt of Valor a year. These Quilts are SO healing to so many Veterans - that it just warms my heart to see them awarded, and to see the smiles that they bring. I want to share that joy with you!!

There are many groups that have a waiting list of Veterans - and they would be very happy to have your quilt. Many of you ask where the patterns are after the Mystery is retired - they (most of them) are in my Etsy shop ( Alycia Quiltygirl) - and they are downloadable. I do not make a lot of money on  them - and that is not the intent - the intent is to offer them free first, and then make enough money to keep my QOV group in Supplies and Fabrics... and Cover our Veterans Touched by War!

Win Win! Right?

and that my quilters!! is My Finished Friday!!!

Now it is your turn to show off, Strut your stuff, tell us what you have been up to!!




*****************Link Up ***************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***************Happy Friday!!*******************

Find me at all these places:

   
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

10 comments:

Sara said...

This morning I'm sewing on a label to a Quilt of Valor that will be awarded tomorrow afternoon along with 2 others. Thank you for doing another Mystery QOV in the New Year. You're so right - they bring comfort to so many veterans.

Cathy said...

Oh, goody...a scrappy mystery! I think most of what I have left of my patriotic prints might already be the sizes needed!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have not made a QOV yet, and have wanted to, so maybe I'll join in with your mystery. I'll have to see what's in the stash! Enjoy all those leftovers - that's what's in the fridge at our house, too!

LA Paylor said...

I'm a BIG fan of leftovers...
LeeAnna

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I hope it was a nice day and you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful sunset! I am in for this Mystery!!!! What a good way to start the year!

Kate said...

Your QOV mysteries are such fun. Maybe I can play along next year since I've not been able to for the last several years.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes to leftovers! I just learned there is a Quilts of Valour quilting group/organization in my home province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Of course, I immediately though of you!

Kathleen McCormick said...

What fun that you will have a mystery this coming year and with a fun goal. It will be fun to watch and as I clean I may look to organize a collection suitable for this.

Vivian said...

Glad I saw this now and am printing it out and putting it with my 2024 calendar. I have downloaded a few of your mysteries but have never been organized enough to do one --- 2024 may be the year! I'd love for it to be the year that I award my first QOV so hoping I can make that happen too.