Friday, September 25, 2020

masks and..... FINISHED FRIDAY

 I didn't get a lot of things finished this week ... but I sure got a LOT of things started.... so that is great... as in ... I will have Future Finished Friday things.... right?

The big thing finished is a new mask for my Dad and a new one for me... I have to wear them a couple of days a week for 8 hours at a time... and they kinda give me a bi focal type vision.

So I found some little metal pieces , made a little casing and stitched them for over your nose. I tested mine - Dad will get his this weekend - and we will see if those make us not so dizzy!!



The top is mine - cuz Purple.... and Dad gets the Firefighter one... cuz retired Fire Chief


Also - in case you missed it - a NEW mystery is starting





And now.... it is your turn....


Share your Finishes ( or not Finishes)


**********************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*********************************

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Will we ever finish making masks???

And I haven't participated in a mystery in ages...hmmmm...

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning, Alycia! Yeah, I need to make myself a few more masks. Wearing them for 8 hours+ a day gets old really fast. I've put a short piece of pipe cleaner in the top edge of my masks and sewed around it. It lasts and has washed well so far. I went back into the office at the beginning of August so two months of washings. AND you're hosting a new mystery QAL?! I'll be watching for the details on 10/1. Thank you for the link-up - I'm thrilled to have a finish finally. ~smile~ Roseanne

chrisknits said...

I don't need another sew along, I don't need another sew along, I DON'T need another sew along! LOL

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Mask Making is one of those tasks we may never see the end of... my Dad is a retired Fire Chief too!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice work on the masks, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW looking forward to seeing the new mystery unfold!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great job on the unfun task of mask making! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the things you've been starting recently!

Karen's Korner said...

Good job on the masks. Looking forward to seeing those future finishes.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've used pipe cleaners over the nose for my masks (also a glasses wearer). Let me know how the strips work. I've seen them for sale, but haven't tried them.

Kate said...

Fun masks! I'm still making them in dribbles and drabs as requested by various family members. Enjoy your new starts.