Monday, December 27, 2021

Greek Key Log Cabin Quilt of Valor

 

Hey!!! I just looked up when I started this one... and!! proud to say... It's not a million years ago!!!




This is a Greek Key Log Cabin - and I used the Block on Board Log Cabin die from AccuQuilt - and patriotic fabrics and... I am in love!!


I used a star print for the borders - and there are actually 4 borders.... the wind was blowing ( again) when I was taking the photo!!!

But it is all quilted and will go to one of my Quilting Friends to get its binding and Quilt of Valor Label!!

yay!!!

Hope you all had a Great Christmas!!
( I have photos!!!)

Linking to:

17 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, I like it! I'd have to do paper-piecing on something like that or my blocks would wind up wonky..ugh.

julieQ said...

I love it! So pretty...someone will love your quilt!

Nann said...

I'd never have thought of RWB + Greek Key. They work together wonderfully!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely quilt, Alycia. Looks perfect outside there at the ranch.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

I love this log cabin. I have the AccuQuilt die but haven't thought of making a Greek key. I just might need to sit down and figure out how to do this. Any tips?

Laundered Cotton said...

Oh, nice! That is visually stunning and energetic; love it!

Bonnie said...

Wow! How cool to find a variety of log cabin that works with the Accuquilt die. (that just happen to have.)

Unknown said...

That turned out beautifully, Alycia! Lucky you to have a binding fairy!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

A striking quilt. It looks like the blocks are good scrap busters!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great! It's going to make one of our veterans very happy!

Karol said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT QUILT! I've wanted to do one like that for quite awhile. Hope I can get one done now.

WeedyMama said...

I have snow. Would you like some? I could share.

Love the Greek Key. AccuCut does make 'straight' easier.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray!

Sara said...

Oh - love those Greek Key blocks. Makes such a striking quilt.

Michele said...

That's a block I don't see often. Nicely done.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That one turned out great. I love how each block seems to connect to the next block.

Delighted Hands said...

A beauty of a quilt even if it is windy outside!