Monday, December 13, 2021

A Scrappy Design Wall

 My blocks on my design wall are growing... a Little...


Do you ever notice that when you start to spend more time doing one part of the process, the rest sorta takes a break?


I have been Machine Quilting like crazy - so I notice my piecing has slowed down... but its all good.... 


on the right side are the half squares that were the cut offs of my pineapple blossom RSC - so now all of those blocks are done -I have 32... that's an odd number to figure out a setting - but I see lots of play time with them.

Oh! Someone asked what size I made the blocks - 9 1/2 inches square.... why? thats the ruler I have!

I must have cut a bunch of extra strips for my Pineapple blossom - as the string blocks are made from the strips that are left in the bucket... I wonder what I was thinking when I was cutting?


I hope it was good thoughts.... hmmmm

Linking to:

Design Wall Monday

Monday Making

6 comments:

julieQ said...

Nothing but good thought here...I love it!

Delighted Hands said...

I love the design wall art! It will make the whole room cheerful!

Nann said...

Beautiful rainbow colors, Alycia.

Sara said...

A whole rainbow of pretty blocks! I really like those flying geese all framed like that.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't figured out how to get more hours in a day. That said, the blocks look great and it will be fun to see how they come together for you when the time is right!

Julie in GA said...

Your rainbow of flying geese blocks is beautiful! You could use 30 blocks set 5 x 6 and have two extra blocks for the back.