Tuesday, October 06, 2020

To Do Tuesday

 Last weeks List:

  • I have a wedding to photograph - so that is 2 days out of my week. ( but it should be a blast)
  • More shoo Fly blocks - enough to start a top
  • and quilt Double Wedding ring:

The Wedding was a blast!! The family of the groom had built a huge barn - just for this wedding... and now my husband says we should get married again so he can have a barn built.... 

Do you think I could just register for fabrics? haha

The Father of the Groom is a man to get things done. At rehearsal they were wondering how the bride was going to get to the barn from the dressing rooms. Someone said - oh we will just drive her over.

On the wedding day... and Horse Drawn Carriage showed up!! how is that for pretty cool!!


I also got enough Shoo Fly block finished to lay out a top - and then a really cool package arrived from Athens Texas... WHO IS IN ATHENS!!!  there was a huge stack of blocks - like a million!! and I am so excited to start getting these into tops!!

Look at this stack!! They are all so beautiful... I cried!

Here are my shoo Flys...I am thinking a white small border and then maybe another border of Eagle Fabric... I like eagles!~


I don't know if you remember when I got so crazy about Churn Dashs blocks ( okay I still am, but...) I think I might be crazy for these shoo fly blocks this month - they are the BEST leader ender for me!

So for This Weeks List:

  • start another Shoo Fly quilt
  • and start another Greek Key quilt
  • A little secret stitching ( Christmas is on its way!)

Look!! I even have it cut out!




That along with Quilting for some AMAZING Clients, a little bit of photo editing, and cooking for the crew....... should keep me completely out of trouble..... Right??

Linking up with:
To Do Tuesday  at Home Sewn By Us

17 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Of course you could register for fabric, all your quilty peeps would gift you well!! You are going to be so busy you won't have time to breathe girl!!

Libby in TN said...

I won't hold my breath on your staying out of trouble!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! That barn is SO COOL. I wonder if they are going to leave it unstained or unpainted? I'll bet it was wonderful having the service and party in it. Those Shoo Fly blocks looks so fabulous - I love the layout. I think I would have cried, too, when that package of goodness arrived. You'll have to get busy! Thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

patty a. said...

That barn is fabulous! Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy!

Anonymous said...

You are one busy girl! A second shoo fly quilt and Christmas sewing! Impressive, I bought more printer ink in anticipation of A11.... my to do list isn’t nearly as impressive!

Sara said...

The barn looks like a fun wedding locale. And beautiful blocks. These will be awesome QOV quilts.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that Disappearing Shoo Fly layout!!

swooze said...

If people are mailing you blocks I’m not sure that’s keeping you out of trouble!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your shoo fly blocks make an amazing design! Love the wedding barn story, too. Sounds like lots of fun!

Sandy said...

I love those shoofly blocks, Alycia. I have to confess I’ve never seen that version, but I really like it and must try making some. Yes on the second wedding! You can dedicate the double wedding ring quilt AND build a new barn!

Kathleen said...

Registering for fabric...perfect!

Bonnie said...

Hum, maybe a barn for when one of your sons gets married. Something to aspire to in the future. I still love those shoo fly blocks. Must figure out the pattern... (note to self check last week's email I think you told me where to find the pattern....)

Unknown said...

Love your shoo fly blocks and how they came together in your quilt!!

Suzanne said...

I think registering for fabric is a great idea.

Delighted Hands said...

That's quite the barn! I'm glad the photography went well.
I can't think of a single person who could work their magic with these blocks than you!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

He sounds like he will be a great father-in-law.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun and spectacular wedding (with lots of great photo ops?). The Shoo Fly blocks look really good all assembled into a quilt. Good luck with this week's to do list.