Friday, October 16, 2020

A wedding ring photo shoot - and...... Finished (or not) Friday

 I figured since I was going to play hooky I should take my quilt with me and see what I could see.... and!

the wind was  little blowy - but I think I got some okay photos of the Wedding Ring quilt!

Ta -da - and Unbound Double wedding Ring quilt


I really wanted the quilting to show up - but sometimes 
I think the sun can be too bright.
of which, I am not complaining - I would prefer too sunny than the smoke that we have been having.


A little close up


one of the things that I noticed is that a lot of the peach fabric was 100% cotton, then someone must have ran out, as there is some cotton Poly mix, especially in the borders. This fabric made the quilting a little tougher in spots - as it wasn't as stretchy and nice to work with .

and then - just to prove that I really was in the mountains.


here is the History of this Quilt if you are interested:  Double Wedding ring info


and now it is your turn!! Show us your awesome finishes!!

  • Please provide a direct link - i hate to delete links - but it has to go to your specific post - not just your blog please.
  • link back to this post so that others have a chance to ohh and ahhh over these awesome quilts.
  • visit at least 3 blogs - leave a comment - let's create a community~!



************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*********************************************



linking to:

23 comments:

Donna said...

The DWR looks fabulous especially considering all the stretchiness! Working on my first clue!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Double wedding ring looks so pretty! Your quilting gives the quilt an elegance it deserves, she is so happy to be quilted. Enjoy the satisfaction of your accomplishment, happy stitching!

loulee said...

Fantastic save. What an amazing story this quilt must have. Now your chapter has been started too.

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness! (Or should I say Oh YOUR goodness) You stepped up to the challenge and turned that old top into a beauty. Awesome job!

Libby in TN said...

One would never know there were lumps and bumps in that quilt. WTG for sticking with it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when you think of the condition the top was in before you started to quilt it - it really is amazing what the quilting has done to it - it made it come alive!

Kat Scribner said...

Wow, you have that DWR quilted all ready ! Very lovely quilting on it.

Bobbi @ Snowy Days Quilting said...

That's such a beautiful quilt! I love your choice of a unique background fabric. It ties everything together perfectly.

chrisknits said...

Bravo for taming that tiger! And what a gorgeous spot, much better than the damp, cold campground we are currently in!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on turning a found quilt top into a finish and something that can be used and loved. The quilting is spectacular!

Snowcatcher said...

My gosh, what beautiful work, and such a beautiful setting. Yes, it is indeed nice to have clean air again, and I hope it lasts for a while. Now praying for the folks in and near Estes Park, Loveland and Fort Collins, who are still dealing with it, as well as the firefighters and those in harm's way.

Susan said...

Beautiful DWR quilt!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks great. It is so hard to get good sun to get good photos.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That DWR looks great. When I remember what you started out with, it is truly amazing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a challenging project, Alycia! Well done!!

Mari said...

It turned out so great! What's your next challenge? :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A beautiful finish, I love it!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Lovely quilt. Lovely quilting choices.

Kate said...

The double wedding ring quilt turned out beautifully! The quilting really works. Congrats on successfully dealing with all the challenges. It's a great looking quilt.

Delighted Hands said...

Wouldn't you love to show this quilt to the original maker?! You did an excellent job! the mountain view is gorgeous!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Absolutely lovely!

Kim said...

Your Wedding Ring quilt is exquisite! I love all those little fabrics showing off on that fabulous peach fabric. Oh my goodness.....your quilting is amazing, too. This is a most beautiful finish of which you should be very proud to have imagined and then fashioned!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I'm totally amazed with how you transformed this quilt from catastrophe to beauty!!! You are one brave quilter!!!