Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Happy Half Square Block SIXTEEN

Welcome to Week 16 
of the
HAPPY HALF SQUARE Project!!

this is my Week SIXTEEN block

when I drew it, I drew it three colored ( see below for the drawing)
but when I saw this crazy blue fabric.
I kinda decided I would prefer to use all the same
as it gave it a diamond effect...




 Crazy thinking?
maybe I have diamonds on the brain?

here is the drawing:



Kat ( Scrap Box Quilts) did her magic work and because it is my blog ( my rules right? haha)

I put my favorite layout first...

I think this would be so cool with alternation blue and red blocks -

Very Quilt of Valor.. ly



this one kinda looks familiar!




Sharon R has been making these too - check out her awesome blocks!!




and then Kat did a little more magic!!
Check out what these blocks could look like in a sampler.
( Mine are very scrappy, so may need some calming sashings between them)










Fun Right?   

If you are new to my blog or just deciding to join in making these blocks - they are all in a tab at the top of the blog so you can see every block. There is no set size - you can make them what ever you want.

they each need 16 half squares - so your method of choice works.

I am using 5 inch squares, and sewing 1/4 inch on each side of the diagonal line that I draw

( works for me)



7 comments:

Sandy said...

Fun! Will this be a Quilt of Valor?

Suzanne said...

Can't wait to start playing with layouts. I made 3 of each block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It was great seeing another quilter's take on your Happy HSTs!!

Suzanne said...

Love this one & how it changes when you change the fabric.

Kimberly Smith said...

I like best the on-point setting. You took those pretty-but-plain blocks, mixed in these last blocks, and made something very special looking. I call that talent!

Delighted Hands said...

I really like the first layout--it looks like wreaths!

Kate said...

The first layout is my favorite too. There are some fun options with the sampler version too. What a fun project to use up a few scraps here and there.