Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quilts! Quilts ! Quilts!

You remember what it is like when you have your first child, buy your first house or get a new job? ALL you talk about is that particular thing? To the point that you might become a little boring? I hope I am not there yet.... but I have to tell you - my life is consumed by quilts. Today at church I struggled to find something else to talk about with my friend. Good thing she likes me anyways.




~
So hopefully you all still love me too.... cuz here are the AMAZING quilt offerings for today!

~

First up I have a lovely Quilt made, quilted and bound by Linda L of Florida. I enjoyed seeing this quilting up close and told her that. She said it was a freehand design inspired by a trip to Las Vegas!


~

Next - this Blue Beauty comes from Wisconsin. There was no name on the box - but I am assuming that it came from Becca B. Only because I vaguely remember an email conversation that something blue would be coming soon. It is quilted with snowflakes and it quite detailed.





~
This Beautiful Batik Beauty comes from Ardmore OK - from Karen. Karen is in my Heartstrings group too. But this isn't a string quilt - okay I knew you knew that... but I just wanted to let you know that I knew that!
~
I put a close up of the block on it to - the quilting is wonderful.
~



And the last two lovelies come from Mississippi... from Ms Linda. Wrangler Man loves stars and symmetry. He was really intrigued by the star quilt. If you really study it, I think the stars all came from the same piece of fabric, just look different due to the cutting of it. I am thinking it is either a Stack and Whack quilt or something of that nature. Anyways - we all loved it!
~
Ladies - thank you so much for contributing to our No Soldier Forgotten project. As you know there are many wounded soldiers coming back every day. I know these quilts will let them feel our love!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love the blue quilt.. I also love the design for quilting, I finally got my frame cleared off and going to do 2 for Linus.. talk at ya soon.

Kim said...

lots of lovely quilts going to a wonderful cause.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love looking at all the quilts you share! Don't stop sharing!

Helen in the UK said...

You've shared lots of wonderful quilts the last few months. But that stack-n-whack star quilt is a real show stopper!! Bet the recipinet of that one will be stunned :)