Friday, December 03, 2021

Hats and !!! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

 I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving!!!

I sure enjoyed having my family around - and I was so surprised - I did not even turn the computer on for 4 days.... that is almost unheard of!!!


But!! Finished ( or not) Friday is back!!!

We will skip Friday the 24th of December too - so be prepared!

Alright! So - What have I finished? I am still knitting hats for M - she has committed to 500 Operation Christmas Child Boxes next year and would like to have a hat for each - and so - I thought I will keep knitting... maybe get her a dozen more or so.

Also - have you heard of Hats for Sailors? I think they like wool - and I have a skein of that ... 


Anyways - here is what I did in November for M:


That should keep 6 little heads warm!!! So I will pass those off to her and start on Decembers caps.

I also might have snuck a few in for some friends.... want to see those too?



I hope you said yes - because! there they are!!

Alright - next it is your turn to brag - this week feel free to link up TWO posts - the one from the week I missed and this weeks - FINISHED ( or not) Posts!


PLEASE do use the DIRECT link this week - if you don't I won't be able to find a week old link ( cuz I am too lazuy!!!!!) 

Have fun!!   Thank you all for making this link up so fun!

**********************link up here: ********************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************end of link up ****************


11 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely hats. I think I need to look through my yarn stash. I don't knit but I do crochet.

Vicki in MN said...

So nice you can knit up those hats for your friend. How long does it take you to knit one?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I admit it would be hard to shut the computer off for 4 days

Sherrill said...

Ooo, a whole buncha pretty finishes here today! And I kinda started making hats, too (except mine are crocheted). I had 4 done and took them to a gal that makes frequent trips to the homeless shelter. Now I have 1 more done and 2 in process. This is your fault--LOL!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How wonderful that you have had a lovely visit with your family and down time from the computer can be so nice. Beautiful job on all of the hats that you have been working on. Have a great weekend and thank you for hosting the link party.

abelian said...

Yes, Hats for Sailors requires 100% wool (for fire safety). They prefer superwash wool, but will also take "handwash" wool, if you label it as such. I haven't heard whether they met their goal for this year - 6000 hats for an aircraft carrier. Hope they did! Dot

Preeti said...

Your work warms more than heads, Alycia. It warms hearts too.

Vicki W said...

Your hats look great! How many pegs and what size yarn do you like best?

Snowcatcher said...

Gosh, I can't remember the last time I made a hat. I used to do them all the time on the train. Now I'm not riding the train, so I guess I lost my needlework time. Wonderful causes for your stitches! There will be some warm heads for sure!

Delighted Hands said...

Great job on the hats! Take care!

Michele said...

The hats are great!