Monday, October 26, 2020

I read.... my book report

 



I am not sure how I found this book.. but I am glad that I did.  It is Fiction - but it is just such a great perspective of the life and times of Jackie Kennedy and .. of course - President Kennedy.


I have read a few books about that time period -most seem to focus on President Kennedy, his family, or are from the perspective of the Secret Service Agents. All great perspectives - however this one is written from Jackie's Perspective, and the things that she went through ..

First Meeting Jack, marrying him, and through her life - I really liked it, and thought it was a very well written book.


What have you read lately? Leave me a comment - I am searching for a new book to read 

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

I'm reading Alter Ego by Brian Freeman..just started yesterday. I like to check goodreads.com when searching for something new. They have books listed by genre and then their ratings. Most have been spot on. I hate getting into a book, wondering if it will get better then realizing I really don't like it.

Andee Neff said...

I read a ton. Just finished David Copperfield which I liked as I did not know the story. Also read Jodi Picoult's new one Two Ways or something like that. I usually find her fluffy, but this one had lots of info about Egypt so I enjoyed it. Happy reading!

Elle said...

I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
I am Malala
Transcendent Kingdom
Want
Valentine
All Adults Here
The Gift of Forgiveness by K Schwarzennger
The Silent Patient
I've Been Thinking (Maria Shriver)

I'm on a mission to read 52 books this year. With the library closed for 2 months I won't make it but it's been a great reading year anyway! Here are just a few I recommend.

Delighted Hands said...

Sounds like a very good read-thanks. It was such a different time-just think what today's reporters would do to them....

Julie said...

I think I am obsessed with quilting... I read quilting murder mysteries! My husband can't believe there is a whole genre related to this! I don't have much time to read (my reading is done at work to Kinder and First Graders) but I do read myself to sleep every night and I don't like intense books, but more fluff books. They really are light hearted mysteries! :)

grammajudyb said...

Three recommendations.
Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Fiction
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah Fiction
Becoming by Michele Obama Non fiction

Anonymous said...

The lost and found book shop by Susan Wiggs. As a school librarian, I love books about libraries and bookstores.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just started re-reading the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman. Its a fun series! Twists and turns everywhere.