Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 UFO List

for 2011 I participated in the UFO Challenge over at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ And here are my results:

Out of the 10 UFO's I listed - I finished 6...

2 of the unfinished ones were just fabric is a bucket with the plan hidden in my mind.... and they are still there - hidden...

1 needs to be quilted

and 1 needs my son to sit down with me an finish it.... so all in all not too bad!




I also participated in the Color challenge...., which leads to this years UFO List!

Here are all the tops, plus some, that I made during that challenge. So they move on to be my 2012 UFO list.

Here is the list that is in that beautiful, colorful, pile....

  1. Lime Black Quilt (left from 2011 UFO)  DONE FEB
  2. Betty Quilt ( the top was on the 2011 UFO list) Here
  3. Quilt Lime Violet Pineapple ( from the Violet challenge)
  4. Quilt Blindigo color challenge top Here
  5. Quilt Red Color Challenge top Here    DONE JAN
  6. Orange Color Challenge Top Here
  7. Quilt Orange Creamsicle Top ( left overs of the orange challenge) Here
  8. Quilt Halloween Jelly Roll Quilt  here  Done June
  9. Quilt Blue and Yellow String Quilt ( I think this is from 2010 oops)
  10. Quilt Red QUilt that had to grow found here  DONE MAY
  11. Quilt Original Yellow challenge quilt Here  Done August
  12. Quilt Orca Bay Quilt ( assuming I finish it along with Bonnies clues)




I have also decided to start my own project. It is called
The Pile Project!!
Here is proof that I pile things ;-)

My goal for 2012 is to reduce this pile. Note - that I did not say finish this *pile* area. Because that would be just WAY to ambitious. And then I would feel guilty if I added to the piles, and I am all about NO GUILT!!


I am starting with the Jacobs Ladder pile first - just cuz I wanna - and its probably the closest top to being done..... so you know - you need the motivation right!

In full disclosure mode - here is another pile....


And the last pile. There are a couple of quilts to be bound, and under those 36 patch blocks from http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/ ;s sew along - well, I am not tellin' whats under there....!

Truthfully - its really because I don't want to know LOL - I know it is about 4 inches high... so it must be something good!

There you have it - my 2012 UFO/Pile Project List....  and of course I will be checking out the color challenge that Judy and Vicki http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/field_trips_in_fiber/#tp  are designing for 2012...

as well as try really hard to keep up with Judy's UFO challenge ( http://www.patchworktimes.com/ )

12 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

my piles and list of UFOs is even worse. Good luck!

Debbie said...

Although it's a little painful to "admit" to all the work that needs to be done...making these UFO lists seems to help them get done. This year's challenge helped me clear so many piles...even ones I had given up hope on before and were considering...throwing away! You've got a lot of fun stuff in those piles. Good luck.

Brita said...

Yeah, those piles do grow, don't they? That's why I did a lot of liberation work! Culled, tossed, integrated fabrics out of UFO bags into the stash, and started a bag to donate. Cleared out a lot of those parts.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I have piles too! I used to be so good and box everything. Things have gotten so out of hand, my piles even have piles.

Mary said...

Your stacks aren't that big, my dear! I'm all about the No Guilt thing, too. I am happy that I got as many quilts made as I did. It really surprised me how I could go all month without working on the UFO, too much interference that I won't have this coming year. I'l glad you're part of the UFO Challenge again.

Jessica said...

I wish I had room for piles!! If they were out and staring at me, maybe I'd actually do something about them!!
I'm determined to get through my UFO list this year. I'd like to set a goal of stitching at least a little bit each day....but well, no use setting oneself up for failure before the New Year even hits, right? HA!
Loving your Jacob's Ladder. That one's on my never ending "to make someday" list. Oh, I'm also getting ready to start a 36 patch ala crazymomquilts, but I'll be working on that slowly throughout the year ~ I'm sure it'll end up on next year's UFO list!!!

Melanie said...

Congrats for finishing 6 this year! I've decided to join in the fun next year. I'm hoping it will help eliminate my UFO piles! I look forward to watching your progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great UFO list...each one is a beauty! But I especially love the Betty quilt!
I am a pile maker also. Keeps me organized!

cityquilter grace said...

gee alycia, i was just trying to find something on top of my very cluttered sewing table when i hopped on over and saw your UFOs...thanks for making me feel right at home...
the merriest of christmases to you and your family this year.

Katie said...

You must not have any pets - at least not any allowed in your sewing area. Piles in my house are either turned into cat beds or burrowed into (Lexie is an odd one for that). But it looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy in the coming year - it will be fun to see your progress!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great list! I have a lot of piles as well... It's not just you!

I haven't decided whether to play along with this year's UFO challenge. I didn't do too well this year, so I am torn. :)

Amy said...

Catching up with your UFO list :D
Making some progress -- yay !