Saturday, August 18, 2012

UFO's

For our 2012 UFO Challenge - I know I am way behind, but, at least with the challenge it is all in my mind, rather than in a bin, or under the couch, or hiding in a closet right??


This is my 5th UFO finished for this year.... sigh - it is the original Yellow monochromatic quilt from 2011.... so not too aged yet...


I don't know if you remember, but I didn't much like it when I was done... I kind of like it now.
I am not a real *whole lot* of yellow person I guess.
I do like yellow..,. maybe just not so much?


Anyways - I used a lot of texture for this quilt, and I used a puffy batting. I don't normally use puffy, but I had one, so thought I would try it.... it helps texture quilts!!!  



The back - just cuz its fun!  And you can see the bright yellow thread I used!

So there you go - another UFO bites the dust ( again needs to be bound - but I don't count that anyways!!)

9 comments:

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

From one early bird to another -sometimes this is how we get things done! Anyway, the way you put together different shades of yellow makes the quilt sparkle! Your quilting is awesome as always.

Amy said...

I LOVE the touch of blue in this quilt! Really make the pattern to stand out. Really a great finish!

Missy Shay said...

I love the yellow! Are you going to use blue to bind it? I am really behind on my ufo's!

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Hey, if it is only 18 months old is it truly a UFO? lol lol lol

Vicki W said...

I like the yellow but regardless, it is always great to have another finish! Someone will think it is perfect.

LizA. said...

I think the variety of yellows with the addition of the blue helps a lot. But, I'm with you, I'm not crazy about a lot of yellow --says she who has a project packed away somewhere that's yellow an and red........

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Don't feel too bad. Yellow is the only monochromatic quilt I made last year, and I just got mine quilted too. Sitting there waiting to have the binding put on it as well. :D

Wonky Girl said...

Oh, the quilt is real purty to me. I like yellow, it's my favorite color.

Kate said...

Very sunny with fun quilting. Congrats on UFO finish number 5!