Thursday, September 04, 2008

Stars and Bars Fabric Requirements

Well - the last three Stars and Bars quilts that I have started have been confiscated- and two are almost finished! So this is exciting. I have decided to start another. I mean - you just can't have too many projects going on at the same time right??

So The Yardage :
Royal Blue for the Stars : 1 1/4 yards
Cream for Stars and Bars : 1 yard
Red for center of Star and Bars : 1 1/4 yards
Gold for the inner border: 5/8 yards
Blue for Outer Border : 1 1/8 yards

Now the first time I did it - I did it all scrappy - so if you are looking for yardage that way I will give you the breakdowns.
~
Star:
Red : Need 28 - 3 inch Squares
Blue: Need 112 - 3 inch Squares and 56 - 3 3/8 inch squares
Cream: Need 56 - 3 3/8 inch squares
~
Bars:
Red: need 56- 3 x 8 pieces
Cream: need 28 - 3 x 8 pieces

~
The Stars and Bars .pdf is up in the right hand corner of the blog - under links and quilt patterns, it is also on my website http://www.quiltygirl.com under quilt patterns.
~
Well I am heading downstairs to grab some fabrics - maybe do a little quilting - defineatly not doing any cleaning LOL

No comments: