Sunday, August 10, 2008

LCC Quilters

I think I told you before, one of the ways I was spreading the word of the need for Quilts of Valor was to get my Mom involved. These are SOME of the quilts from the ladies she recruited from her church. Some of them had done some sewing, only one ( I think) of them had done any quilting. And Voila - they are all quilters now!!



~
This Top Left one was made by Erica. She couldn't make it to the first sew day - yet she showed up at the second with a finished quilt top - you gotta LOVE that! The Top Right one was made by Julie. This is her second quilt. You can see her other one here: http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2008/07/quilts.html


~
~
~



These 4 rail fence type quilts are made by Barbara. Now Barbara is a quilter - and she is a hand quilter at that! She does gorgeous work. At the first sew day she brought a quilt she was working on for a Great Grandchild. It was a tumbling blocks quilt and it was about half way hand quilted - beautiful!




















I like this Blue and White version. It is a really soothing blue. I am thinking some kind of swirly quilting on this one.. any suggestions?
~






Then the Two quilts here on the right ( boy I hope I get my left and right correct. I hold up my hands and look for the L... but sometimes ..ugh!)
~
~
Anyways they are the 3rd and 4th quilt from my Mom.. Sue. The rail fence one had a boo boo so she came up with a new design and it is great! I like the way it turned out. She went with the - "if you make the mistake 3 times it becomes a design element" theory. Works for Me!





~



Today has been a nice cool day so I have been baking. Our garden has been growing well and we have a few vegetables. I have been shredding Zucchini and making muffins and bread!
~
Here is a pic of our garden harvest on Saturday.




1 comment:

Lori said...

The quilts are gorgeous ! oh zuchinni bread= Yummy