Saturday, December 27, 2008

Colorado Quilts for Soldiers

Oh boy - the Colorado Quilters sure have been busy! These first three came from Carolyn in Craig CO. And were quilted by Lin Yost. I am betting that they are experiencing some snow this weekend! Great for getting inspired to make quilts!













~
This next one also came from Craig - it is from Ellen P.
I am thinking that both Carolyn and Ellen did some sewing together. I love both of the star quilts, and the colors are both so beautiful. Interesting to see how different color ways can change the look of a quilt.
~
This last quilt came in from Kim in La Junta.
I haven't checked the weather there - but she in on the south eastern end of the state - and have been known to get some big snow storms. This quilt is a collaboration between Kim, her daughter Alicia, and their friend PJ. Thanks!!
~
Hope you all enjoy seeing these quilts too. I think they are just lovely! I have been having a great Saturday. The kids have stuff to play with, and they have been having fun. Wrangler Man is working in his office/recreation room. He moved a gun cabinet up into his office. It was from my dad, and I had been using it for fabric storage. I cleaned it all out about a year ago, but forgot to check the bottom drawer. Today, I found a bag of fabrics in that drawer, that I had been saving to make an I Spy quilt. Since I couldn't find them, I thought I had passed them on..... oops! So now I have them by the couch to sort thru. I also finished up some odds and ends around my sewing table... and took pictures!
~
Oh - and http://knotsandbolts.com/ is having a 25% off sale, and they have some FQ bundles that I have been eyeing.... I am thinking now might be the time.....

No comments: