Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sunday Quilt Show

Since I don't have any changes in my stash report.... I thought I would do better and show off some great Quilts of Valor!! It always gives me inspiration to see them, and to see the love sewn into them. Today is a day I need some love......


Ready for some beauties?


These batik yummies come from California from Meredith. Meredith sends her quilts to Ron in New Mexico to quilt them - and that man must never sleep .....






Ron always puts something * Americana* in the quilt - and it is quite fun to search for them and find them. I got to present one of these quilts to a vet, and I kept searching on the quilt for the symbol... the soldier finally said - do I get the quilt?  Everyone laughed and then I explained what I was looking for.... I shared it, then everyone wanted to see, at it took him a minute to recieve the quilt....


You will have to turn your computer monitor over for this one - sorry - I blame blogger - it was right side up!!









This string quilt came from CA too - from Alma!! Thanks Alma for joining in!!

Her quilt got an eagle!!


This string quilt above, and the two rail fences below were made as a group - at the sew days that Rubydell and I host in Greeley - our groups put these together. We sent the to Loretta W to quilt them - and she did a beautiful job!!!





This pattern Can be found Here

Hope you enjoyed these quilts.... today I am off to Combat Veterans Cowboy Up... I have a little clue of what i will be doing, but Not a big clue - so wish me luck - you can check them out if you want at http://www.combatveteranscowboyup.org   then you might have a little clue of what I will be doing too....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful quilts. So neat that Ron quilts in an Americana symbol!

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

Wow! Those quilts are gorgeous. The pictures from your recent blogs are fun to see, too. Keep them coming, smile.