Monday, August 05, 2024

The first week of a Month about me ;-)

I think this might be a good idea!! Maybe I will have to incorporate this *Month of Me* every year!!! 

I am having too much fun with no stress. The first day I had  QOV zoom meeting, and it was one with no questions - they were just detailing some of the things we need to know and introducing us to the new Director. Did you know there is a QOV backlog?

Sunset after smoke from the the fires are moved out a bit


There are a few states that have more requests than Quilts. So QOV is asking us to share any extras - so!! If you are one that has wanted to make a Quilt of Valor - you can email them on the website (QOVF.org) - they have places for it to go.

 My Dog Trainer came!!! I have decided I am not equipped to make these dogs love each other - and I am missing something. So She came over!! Yes!!  a traveling Dog trainer - I love it. We learned that Daisy needs more personal space than Bella does, so she gave me a lot of things to work on.

I know they are *This Close* to loving each other. I just don't know the next proper steps. 

So Daisy (left) is less trained that we thought - so we are going back to basics with her... but she does have a lot of basics. 

She also has the desire to run like the wind and ignore you... not so good when she finds a bunny!!!

Saturday - we competed on our Horses again - and lawsy mercy people!! We must have walked 7 miles, getting to and from the competition rings. My feet hurt, and on the last walk - My horse Vapor locked haha. It was 100 degrees and no shade.  We park our trailers at angles to make shade for them. 

She got to a part of the hill and just stopped. She was done! we convinced her - but man was she happy when we took the saddle off and pulled out the hay and cool water.


I got a little bit of quilting in. There was a tag on this quilt with the year it was made ( and I don't think I made it)  - But lets just say - it was TIME!!!! I will show you it when I finally have the binding on..... Fun to quilt one of them in my *to be done someday * pile.



I got to see sunrises from the ground. Lately we have been horseback when the sun comes up - so this was a nice little change to see... and the smoke from the three fires to the east of us sure adds color.


I have a lot of other things on my To do list now - I wrote them all down. That is sometimes good and sometimes bad . Often I write them down - then consider them done and start new things.... oops

This time... man I am going to give it a try!! I think I am off to a good start!



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon



Linking to:

9 comments:

Donna said...

Enjoy your month about you! Well deserved. Hope your dogs figure out how much fun they can have together. I have some quilts to donate to QOVF. I will contact them. Thanks for the heads up.

Linda said...

That sunset is spectacular, and I love the sunrise photo too. Good luck with your puppies, sounds like you are on the right track. Can you see mountains from your location? I love the expanse of land you can see! Keep enjoying your month. ;)

Delighted Hands said...

Good attitude on your part! Life is filled up with good things for you!!!

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

A traveling dog trainer , really? My that is a wonderful thing. Will she come to NC? Of course, I don't have my dog yet, but she will be BIG and she will need training. I have read on a dog-related blog, that having two females in the house is not a good idea. Not sure why though.

The photos are wonderful today. I'm enjoying them prior to heading out to work in the big box store. Thank you for sharing.

San / Murphy, NC

Kathleen said...

You are enjoying your month - good for you. Ah, the people/dog trainer...always a huge help. I am sure the dogs will figure it out, with everyone's help. Oh, what a beautiful sunrise...sorry some of it is from the smoke...but beautiful nonetheless.

Kate said...

So glad your "me month" has gotten off to a good start. Sometimes you do have to just "do" you and let the rest go.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Smoke sure makes for interesting looking sunrises and sunsets! I'm glad you are enjoying a month for you! We give so much of ourselves that sometimes, we need to replenish ourselves so we can continue to give! Your horse was smart! I probably wouldn't have made it up the hilt! Your sneak peak at the quilting is lovely!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely photos. Your special month seems to be off to a great start.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

A month of me sounds fantastic! I gotta figure out how to schedule one of those! (You'd think it'd be easy enough but my hubs likes to start scheduling things for US. LOL)