Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A Country Fabric Run

 There was a cool little QOV group out on the Eastern Plains of Colorado. They worked in a small town. How small you ask? I think she said the town had 25 houses.... but!! it was just east ( maybe, I am directionally challenged) of a large town of maybe 35 houses!!!

Their QOV group made at least 176 if not more Quilts and I am pretty sure they awarded every Veteran in the area a Quilt of Valor - SO SUPER COOL!!

The group decided to stop, and - they realized they had some fabric left - so my group... is gonna PLAY!!!


It was so fun to drive out that way. I am not sure I have ever been that way or on those roads - so totally new scenery!!


My friend showed me her Quilting Barn and it was AWESOME. Plus she is super organized - so you know I asked questions, and made notes!!!!


The grain elevator Robot ( you can see his eyes right?)

Aren't these views ( yes thru the windshield) amazing?



We learned about their town, and how close everyone is. I think that is pretty cool... and then we heard - there was a Mexican Restaurant in the town over...WE HAD TO GO!!!


I think I have made a new mission in my life.... Try Fajitas in as many restaurants as I can. Thats a lofty goal right?


It was quite a drive, and so pretty. We got home in the dark, so I didn't unload the fabric till the morning - but man oh man - WHAT A GIFT!!!

We have already chosen one pattern that we will kit up with this and get to stitching. and there was a bolt of two of widebacks. Seriously - a GIFT!!

Thanks Ms M and Mr R!!!


( Oh PS - Monday was my Birthday - so this was pretty fitting!!!)


7 comments:

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday! Yes what a gift; lots of QOV quilts. Too bad the group disbanded but lucky for your group.

Pam said...

Wow! What a blessing! I'm part of a group that began making Project Linus quilts, but we are wanting to add QOV. We've received many donations for our PL quilts, but no QOV fabrics yet. Always wonderful when quilters share!

Miss Alissa said...

That is awesome!

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday! What a fun thing to do on your birthday. Love the silo robot, it has very spooky eyes. Such a great gift to your group. Lots of fun stitching and wonderful QOV quilts in those bolts.

Tired Teacher said...

Wonderful gift! They know you’ll put it to good use.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!! That sounds like my kinda birthday! (Kathy in Alberta, Canada)

Delighted Hands said...

What amazing scenery!!! And what a gift of fabric!