Friday, August 09, 2024

The Betty D in Rootbeer Float and - Finished ( or not) Friday!

This is an oldie but goody!!!

The Pattern is called "The Betty D"


I am going to Quote some of  the Original story from way back in 2016 -- I think I used my words well then, and they still make sense haha


Why is it called the Betty D you wonder?

Betty D is the wife of a WWII Veteran who received a Quilt of Valor,
and she decided to start stitching for us
She is a mass producer of 9 patches!

The funny thing that I remember about her is that when she made them, I would go to her house to pick them up and end up staying for over an hour listening to her stories.

She made a lot of crazy colors -  because she was convinced that men could care less about Quilts. So her Husband - who had received one  - piped up and said YES we do!!! Us Veterans deserve Red White and Blue.

not sure it changed her mind - but she let me use the 9 patches for  quilts other that QOV's ;-)
This one may have been sitting in my To Quilt pile for a while .




Anyways - we did this as a mystery and the pattern is in my Etsy shop - It finishes at 66 x 78. 



So lets head on out to your turn!! Link up your direct post for Finished! Or not! Friday




***Finished ( or not) Friday Link up *************************




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*******************The End*****************

Also Linking to


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon
 


11 comments:

Linda said...

I love that quilt, the pattern is right up my alley, and I love the colors. Neat story!

Kate said...

The quilting looks great. Looks like you are making the most of your "all about me" August.

Cathy said...

Hooray for Betty D, Nine Patches, Root Beer Floats and Finishes!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good to hear her husband's perspective - and having made a few QOVs that were not RWB, I can say any future ones will not have "crazy colors" . GREAT post and a beautiful quilt.

Delighted Hands said...

A great story and a good finish!

Chantal said...

I love the name and the story behind it, but I love the quilt the most, haha. Brown quilts always look the warmest. Maybe it's just me. Great job, Alycia. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing this one up, Alycia. It's a beauty!

Sara said...

The Betty D quilt looks awesome. Wonderful story too!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great story. . .especially about her husband chiming in about the red, white and blue!!! Great finish!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Betty D has enthusiasm!!! Great quilt and makers, all!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the colors and the pattern. Fun story, thank you for sharing it!