Tuesday, August 13, 2024

August Rainbow Scrap Challenge in Orange

 You are not going to believe this - Orange is just not a color I have a lot of. I wonder if I used it all in the past? Or have I not shopped enough? or is it a combination of both?

I remedied that - I had NO 5 inch squares in my 5 inch square bin, but I found a few pieces in my stash - and!! In my husbands SHIRT pile... He didn't need this one (orange on the far left) anymore right?


I have also decided that while I am here in the orange I will plan a Fall Table Runner... and it will be paired with that Grey.



Ta da!!! I now have ORANGE 5 inch squares.... get to stitching on my next Lightning Streak quilt!!

I have also been thinking of what I want my 2025 RSC block to be - It has to use 5 inch squares. The bin is just not getting emptied. Of course, that really doesn't bother me - I LOVE 5 inch squares!!


Linking to Rainbow SCrap Challenge

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

8 comments:

Linda said...

Orange and grey look fantastic together. Looking forward to seeing your runner and another Lightning Streak quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I never have much of orange either

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great fabric pull. . .even your husband's shirt!!! By the way, it fits in perfectly with the other fabrics!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Orange is pretty sparse here, too. I went shopping...

Kate said...

I don't have a lot of orange either, unless it's Halloween fabric, of which I have a lot for some reason. You found some pretty ones in your stash to play with.

Delighted Hands said...

Orange and grey will make a great runner for Autumn. The oranges pile looks healthy now! What do you mean, your 2015 RSC?!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You found some pretty oranges, even if you did have to steal one of your husband's shirts! Looking forward to seeing your orange streak of lightning!

grammajudyb said...

Love the Orange lightning bolts that will be happening! And you grays are grrrreat!