Monday, April 24, 2023

Purple Rainbow Scrap Challenge progress - My Spinning Goose!!

I am so proud.... I am getting my Purple Spinning goose done BEFORE the end of the month!! Go me!! I'll take the win!!! Are you ready???



Ta da!!! I love the purple plaids in this one... I didn't know - but I think Purple might be one of my favorite colors... well, at least for today haha!

and now all of them so far!!



Knitting... I didn't report for March.. the color was Green - I had teal... so I made Teal hats...

But then - I had scraps... okay!! WHO KNEW that you could accumulate Knitting Scraps!!!
My Scrappy hat.... 

Of course, I ran out of scraps ( you can see where) so I grabbed a Teal Purple variegated yarn to finish it.
the jury is still out on if I like this hat or not...


NOW it is time to move to Purple - so I have this muted purple in my bags - I pulled it and and combining it with the rest of the Teal variegated which means... this hat MAY be finished by MAY!!!


Every time I post photos of the hats.. I get asked what pattern I use... and you all know I am a quilter ...not a knitter, so I never know how exactly to answer - but here is the what I do ;-)

We use these LOOMS:




and I followed this tutorial: Knit hat   and I made mine like this: 

To make the ones with a brim - you stitch 20 rows and fold in half ( back up on the loom) them make 30 more rows





 

I use the pink one for the kids hats, and the purple one for my husbands hats. 


Linking up to:

Design Wall Monday at Small quilts and Doll Quilts

Sew and Tell At Melva Loves Scraps

Monday Musings at Songbird Desings

Midweek Makers at Quilt fabrications

Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy

Finished (or not) friday at Alycia Quilts!!!!

Patchwork and Quilts at Quilting Patch

Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework


18 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great blocks.

Bonnie said...

And your hats look great. Including your most recent one. I'm in a stitching group that meets weekly and quite a few of the ladies are using the looms to make hats. I need to borrow one to see if I like it enough cause I sure have yarn leftovers and new skeins. Something like 3 banker's boxes full. (Maybe more...) Your doing well on the RSC challenge. I wonder what color May will be?

Kate said...

Your spinning goose blocks look great. Love all those plaids!

Melva said...

Love all the plaids. :) And those hats are great. We gave one of our grand-daughters a loom set. She started one, but then moved on. What was so funny was that Grandpa was the one teaching her how to use it. Not me, her mom or auntie... all who have used looms like that and know how to knit & crochet. It was pretty entertaining!

Paulette said...

That's such a great block! Love the purple, but really all the colors look great in your spinning goose (geese? lol).

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful shades of purple in your block--nice work on the hats, too!

Karen said...

Your hats are delightful! I get a bit teary when I see those knitting looms. My darling Mum, who was an avid knitter and quilter, had a paralysing stroke, and this was the only knitting she could then do with her single good hand. She used to wedge the loom into her lap and under her immobile arm, and managed to turn out quite a few hats. She is very much missed.

Vicki in MN said...

Your blocks look fabulous! I like the multi hat to finish up some yarn scraps. Oh yes you can definitely have yarn scraps!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the multi color scrap hat. Your spinning geese look great!

Marti said...

I love your spinning geese. Those will make a lively quilt.

Sara said...

The hats are cute! And I love how those little touches of plaid just MAKE those blocks.

Linda said...

Every spinning goose block you make is my favorite - lol! They are so pretty, and the plaids are genius.
I had forgotten that I copied your tutorial - thank you again for that. :)

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love your Spinning Goose blocks. It's amazing all the colors of plaids you have - so cool.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty PURPLE plaid addition to your collection of blocks, Alycia!! Thanks for including the link to that loom knitting tutorial. Very interesting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that you have plaids in every color of the rainbow! The Spinning Goose block is a neat one. Pretty hats, too - you are so good at that!

Helenchaffin said...

I admire the talent of those who knit,I tried it years ago & just couldn't get into it,the spinning goose blocks are beautiful!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love your purple block, Alycia. I've seen those looms but I don't knit, though I do crochet!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

The Spinning goose blocks are gorgeous, what a lovely pattern, and I love the plaid flying geese. Cute hats too, the purple yarn looks very pretty.
Thank you for sharing, and linking up!