Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Instant pot Chili

 A while back I got an Instant pot - and I LOVE it!!!! I can make so many things in it !! I still am a HUGE Crockpot fan... If you knew me in my pick up kids, and run to a gazillion hours of sport/ animal/ robot  practices days - you know I make a mean Crockpot lasagna, and well, just about anything.... 

So it is time to ramp up my Instant pot abilities.


It has saved me many times when I did not prepare anything for dinner.  


It has taken frozen meat and made us Fajitas, and soup, and baked potato's, and hardboiled eggs....

But!! I had a new plan in mind...


I wondered if I could make my Chili at lunchtime, and then leave it on the Slow cook mode, and still have a great meal in the evening.  

Spring is coming, and so we have a LOT to do outside, and lunchtime seems to be the time I am free to cook - evening finds me outside until dark.... ( even last night, with the threat of snow coming and awful million mile an hour winds.... I had things to do!)

So I made my Chili at lunchtime ( 1pm) planning to eat about 7:30 pm....

Ready?

First I turned the pot to sauté - and I sautéed Diced bell peppers and diced onions

then I added the raw ground beef, and sautéed it until cooked. we are beef eaters - I used 2 pounds.

I turned off the saute - and started adding:


 I had 3/4 of a jar of spaghetti sauce left from Sunday  night ( I made pizza!! go me)

Next came a can of Drained Kidney beans, and drained Pinto beans

It started looking yummy.... but you know - I had a bag of mini carrots in the Fridge, so I diced those and added.... oh!! and I had a bag of frozen corn... so I added it...

Stirred everything up.   I decided it needed a little more liquid... so added a cup of water. 

Closed the lid and hit pressure cook - set the timer for 15minutes

When the timer went off, I let the Vent come down for 15 minutes before releasing the vent.. and taste tested!!

You know what I forgot? Garlic....so I added a little Garlic Salt....

and turned it to slow cook ( with the lid on)

At 8pm - when we finally broke for dinner... I was HAPPY!!!


Yummy Chili in my Tummy!!!


Of course, we served it with Fritos, Shredded Cheese - and for me Sour cream



Chili is the one thing that I do LOVE leftover - so after we ate, we divided it up, and I have enough for lunch today and tomorrow!! Yay!!  ( ps! for both of us!!)


Here is a link to the Instant Pot that I have : Click here


Do you have a favorite Instant Pot recipe? Share it with me... remember tho - I am that Pain in the Tocus eater - can't have gluten, nuts, pineapple.... 



Oh yes, and I probably jinxed the weather - we woke up to snow.... and gloomy skies... 

A great day to stay inside and quilt!!!

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

10 comments:

Linda said...

Wow that looks fantastic!! I love all those things you added. Hubs would want just meat in his - boohoo he doesn't know what he's missing. We love our instant pot but I have only made rice, baked potatoes and heat up things like tater tots, French fries, and chicken tenders. I really need to "make" more things in it like you did. I have never tried it as a slow cooker!

Paulette said...

The chili sounds delicious! I am learning to use the Instant Pot and so far my favorite thing has been pulled pork and pork spareribs. In fact, I made the spareribs last night and can't wait to dig into the leftovers for lunch! I haven't been as successful with chicken, but I'll keep trying.

Paulette said...

Here's the pulled pork recipe I like. I've tweaked it a bit for our tastes, but this is basically it. I eat gluten-free too, so I have mind on GF bread or over rice. The juice makes a nice gravy for potatoes, too, but I go light on the BBQ sauce if I plan to make that. https://recipeteacher.com/best-damn-instant-pot-pulled-pork/

Sherrill said...

I have had the instant pot nearly from when they first came out. I used it a bit then (it IS just me here and I don't cook alot) but cannot remember the last time I used it. I had a recipe that I used a lot for yogurt. I need to start that again. I think I still mostly use my crockpot when I do cook unless I'm just cooking on the stove. I love Wendy's chili and have a copycat recipe for that but it doesn't begin to use up all the stuff that your recipe does! Good fridge cleaner outer!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The best chili recipe for the Instant Pot I have found is https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-chili/ Amy and Jacky are the best. 2 secret ingredients in it that I don't tell anyone so they don't make a face. I have learned so much from them and how to be a better cook all around. However, to make things keto, I don't use beans, but more veggies and beef. It is GF for my husband and even the grandkids love it! Freezes wonderful. They taught me to use the Instantpot with confidence and proficiency. The cheese cake is mighty awesome.

Kate said...

My Guy was told to get an Instapot by his Dietitian after he had heart surgery. He used it a bit, but hasn't in awhile. I've been doing a lot of crock pot stuff, maybe I should learn to use it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I got an Instapot free on Freecycle a year or more ago. I've used it once (yes, only once). I haven't figured out what to do with it (and my son hauled it down to the basement, so out of sight, out of mind). No cookbook with it, since it was free.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

YUMMY! I will have to try this one soon.

We love the pressure cooker at our place. One of the first things I tried and have made often is pulled pork. Heaps of meat and then leftovers for rolls, to top pizzas etc.

This is the recipe we used and stuck with:

https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/instant-pot-pulled-pork/

but there are a bazillion available online.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your meal looks and sounds delicious! I love it when a dish is being made and a mix of ingredients, leftovers etc. can be added. A great bonus of this method of cooking in a slow cooker or Instant Pot are the leftovers, keeping for the next day or freezing for an instant meal on a busy day.

Delighted Hands said...

Yummy! Sounds like a great meal--and the Fritos make it extra good! lol