Friday, April 21, 2023

Quilting like the Wind.... and Finished!! (or not) Friday!!

Happy Happy Friday!!!

I'm flashing back a few years.... I found this photo in a box at my parents house, and just grinned...

My Dad started as a volunteer firefighter, and worked up to Chief. There is a Quilting group called Firehouse quilts and I had quilted a BUNCH of the quilts for them.  My Dad asked if they could have some... and some they got!!! 



Firehouse Quilts packages them in ziploc bags so they could be stored in the ambulances, and the kids and I made the delivery. My Mom loved to write so she wrote a story about them for their local paper - and this was the photo she used.... too cute right???

So back to me!! I have been quilting. it's so cool to see all the Variety of quilts that clients make - this one... FOOTBALL!!!  LOVE it!!!



My Clients son wanted some theme quilts for his friends - and one was a Peanuts Quilt... LOVE it!



Last photo ... SPRING has to be coming right? Wednesday was a pretty nice day, until it wasn't - and we got wind and snow and super cold....  this little bloom seems to have made it.... Fingers Crossed!!!


Back to you!!!!  it is Finished ( or not) Friday!!!

* Link up a direct link to your post

* Link back to this one ( pretty please)

* Visit a lot of other blogs and show the love






*****Link Up here!!!****





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**** The End****

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, that is the cutest photo of the boys and a quilt at the fire station!

And, my, what a lot of fun quilting you've been doing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a wonderful (true) story! Thank you for sharing!

Kate said...

What a fun find at your parents house. Lots of fun quilting going on at your place. Hopefully your now in for the same cool down we're getting this week. I'm really ready for some warm, but windless weather.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How awesome that your dad and his firehouse were able to benefit and receive some quilts - sounds like a family affair with your mother writing about it, too. I hope the buds and blossoms make it through the cold snap and that overall everything keeps trending toward warming up!

Nancy said...

Such a great memory and the photo is so wonderful. Generous you to make so many quilts for donation!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great photo of your Dad, your kids, and the quilt! Hurray for fire fighters and the people who love them!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, what a great photo! I just love that Peanuts quilting pattern. So cool! Have a wonderful week :-)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That is an adorable treasure. Your boys are so big now!

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! Just LOOK at those three little cuties of yesteryear!!!

Marti said...

That is so nice! What did the firemen do with the quilts? I assume they gave them away, but in what way?