Thursday, April 06, 2023

The Tale of Two Pigs

Once upon a time I went shopping... Of course, it was at a sale barn where the most amazing animals showed up. And I fell in love and I had to buy something!!!

I mean - you are there, they are there.... kinda of like fabric shopping - you can't go into a fabric store without getting a little something right??

and so... I got Something.. times TWO!!!


Here they come!!!! ( Notice the snow on the roof on the top right?)


We loaded them up and took them home. Now here's the thing with Pigs - they are not fans of cold, and the temps dropped from like 50 to almost 20 by the time we got home, so I hooked a heat lamp up in the trailer as soon as I got stopped to warm them up...

and got them a little water. Travel makes them thirsty!!


Now they are all warmed up and ready to go to their new home....but they weren't sure about leaving the trailer...


but then they saw their new home!!
and they got all excited !! I mean I read them the Big Bad Wolf story and they thought the Straw house sounded the best... they knew they were safe from wolves here, and they knew they could burrow in the straw.. things were looking up!!


Meet  Cam!!! and Mitch!!!


They posed - just for you!!!




Don't they just look all happy burrowed down in there!!!


Stay tuned for more adventures.... 


Linking to:

My Corner of the World

14 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is always an adventure with you! Hard to imagine having the land to house those animals. The story made me smile.

Kate said...

Cam and Mitch do look like they've settled in really quickly. Is the first time you've had pigs?

Delighted Hands said...

this looks like the beginning a good adventure!!!! Nice to meet you, Cam and Mitch! I love their little den!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Since you have named them, does that mean they will never be breakfast and lunch for you?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We used to name the calves, then we'd eat them. Future bacon and ham?

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You'll need to adopt a Lilly to join the crew too :-)

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

Oh my goodness. Are you going to train them with marshmallows on a stick?

Preeti said...

Welcome to Cam and Mitch. Bernie's daughter, Julia is a pig-enthusiast too. Pictures with newborn piglets - too cute!

Sandra Walker said...

Those two look full of personality! I'm curious to read more about their adventures. I wasn't surprised to hear they easily get cold, and I'm so glad you took good care of them.

Bernie Kringel said...

Look at these two. They will be great buddies for each other. And yes, pigs are so picky. Can't be too cold, can't be too hot. Love seeing your new animals Alycia. I think pigs are so much fun.

Pisi Prkl said...

Never seen pigs like that. In Finland we only have the pink one´s. Yours and our´s are both very cute. And tasty.

WeedyMama said...

When are the eggs going to join the bacon?

As someone else mentioned, you are full of surprises!

Villrose said...

What a lovely straw home :)

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Wow pigs, I only got dogs and cats