Saturday, January 01, 2011

Monochromatic Challenge at Patchwork Times

I love other people's mono chromatic quilts, and I ohh and awe over them, and I am not very brave, because if I was - I would have made one about now right? But Nope - I haven't. I have been reading Judy L's blog - http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and she is going to host a MC challenge, so I decided to try it.

And of course - the first color picked is Yellow. Yellow. Hummmmm. In all of my Red White and Blue, and my Hotpink and Lime and Turquoise quilts - I am not sure I have purchased that much yellow to make a whole quilt.

My goal with this challenge was to use my stash, and not add more. I headed downstairs and dug thru my stash - and Um. Was. Uh. Mildly. Surprised!!!  Look at all of this fabric that has shades of yellow..... I am astonsihed!!

This - I remember buying... it was to maybe be a border for my Aunts quilt http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2007/04/gifts-for-25th.html
BTW - that was in 2007 ( acckkkk)
 This stuff to the right - I think it grew wings and flew into my stash - seriously. 
After sorting and ironing, and cutting the smaller pieces up into strings - this is what I have chosen to work with. Wish me luck!

I have been playing in EQ7 and think I came up with a pattern to use, and grabbed by AccuQuilt Go cutter - because I have one, and I should use it ALL. THE. TIME.

I turned on the Rose Parade and starting cutting. After the parade I braved the 8deg weather and took the dogs and the kids outside. We made it thru 3 Snowboard runs, before we couldn't feel out faces anymore - we came back in and I finished cutting the quilt.....

7 comments:

Andi said...

Isn't it funny how many surprises are in our stash? I opened a bin in the closet and found some great fat quarters!

Kathie said...

Can't wait to see what it will look like, I love yellows.

Amy said...

Okay...I'm going to sit back and watch what you come up with! Because all I've thought was....Hmmmm..."yellow...maybe pair with blue to match my school colors? maybe with black to look like a bumble bee?"

So....I'm watching. {{and may steal what you come up with}} :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

It's amazing what is in the stash, eh? Look forward to seeing what you're dreaming up!

heather said...

I'm always amazed by the things I find in my stash that I'd swear I've never seen before.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

can hardly wait to see your design!

Cheryl Willis said...

I should make you take my pink and black scraps. I cut 4 kits from them and the end is not in site.