Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gifts for the 25th


On the 25th of each month our group encourages us to sew for Christmas. This way Christmas won't sneak up on you! So yesterday I got the borders finished on a quilt that will be a gift. AND this is also my oldest UFO - it was just blocks from a BOM that I didn't know what to do with. And then I heard one of my relatives would like a quilt , and they like these colors - so Bingo!!! Now I will need to get it quilted - but since I am a Machine Quilter I know it shouldn't be too hard to get an appointment with me - I just hope I have quick turn around Ha Ha!!



And I got the pieces cut out for half of the next gift quilt - not too bad if I do say so myself.

9 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Way to go Alycia!

Greenmare said...

what a GREAT idea on sewing for Christmas on the 25th!! I'm going to borrow that~ thanks!

Suzanne Earley said...

What a brilliant idea! I might have to try to do that next month. Do you suppose I'll remember?

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm always meaning to do the Christmas sewing on the 25th, but never quite get there. Good for you for doing it!

swooze said...

Very nice! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

That's a really pretty quilt with loads of opportunity for some exquisite quilting. Your plan to sew for Christmas one day each month is brilliant!

Carole said...

Congrads on completing your olderst UFO! Woohoooo! Happy dancing for you! It will make a lovely Christmas gift! Want my address? lol Keep well!

Elaine Adair said...

The blue and Yellow quilt is so pretty. Bet it quilts up even better.

Love the photo of son and Weed Wacker. The best part, after seeing your youngun with the block, is because you are showing a REAL kitchen! 8-)

Rose Marie said...

Good for you .. you are way ahead for Xmas and what a great idea for choosing the 25th of each month to work on Xmas things.