Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Columbine QOV's

Here are some more Quilts of Valor that the Columbine Quilt guild made to give to the soldiers.

This one is called Valor - and I believe you can find the pattern for free on the Quilt of Valor Website ( qovf.org)
While you are looking at the beautiful quilts - I am going to tell you a need that some of these quilts have.

Most of the quilts that others make will come with a little journal or letter to the reciepients. But I have a lot of them that don't ... and that is fine. I usually have journals that have been made up by letters from students, people at shows etc.
Well, I had made a lot of these journals -and somewhere a long the way I put the master in with a quilt.... so now I am out of letters. If you, or anyone you know - like your children, your grandkids, people that you quilt with - would like to write a letter to a military person and would like me to put it into a journal.......
I would love to do that. 

There are not a whole lot of requirements - I ask that you write on an 8 1/2 ich x 11 sheet of paper.  With kids I always ask that they use first names only.

And make it a Thank you to a Service Person.  
Please remember that some of these quilts go to branches of service other than army, and marines don't quite appreciate being called a soldier - they are a Marine, so to cover this I always address the letter to Dear Service Person.  

If you have a better idea - Let me know!!

If this is something you think you would like to do - when you are ready to mail them off - contact me at AlyciaQuilts   @   Gmail.com    and I will email you my address.  Thank you!!




And Thank you to the Columbine Quilt Guild - ZoeAnn Thank you for organizing this!!

1 comment:

Judy V. said...

What a superb job by the Columbine quilt guild members! Their quilts are beautiful and inspirational. Thanks for sharing the pictures.