Friday, January 04, 2013

Finished Friday

I love the first week of the new year! We are still on vacation - it is freezing cold, and my boys love to let me sew!!!

Here is what I have finished this week :

This was stuffed in one of my boxes under my ironing board... and now... it is a top!! Whoo hoo.

Wrangler Man says it need a flannel backing... I say it needs to age a little.... 


I finally got this string quilt quilted!!! Yay!! It does need binding... AND I cut that and made it, but alas - I needed to take big bit on a little trip - and had to *sigh* just leave it to wait till we get back!

 Here is the full shot - I like it!!

AND... Drum roll please - I finished this top!!!  It is the pattern from Judy  and I am happy to say - I love it! I did mine a little more scrappy - but! I cleaned out a whole bucket of 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 inch strips.... 
I now have two!! Count em two!! empty buckets under my ironing board!!

I will be linking up to Confessions  

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

Sherrill said...

Oh, you did your Judy L blocks just a bit different--I LIKE it! I plan on sewing mine together today...on my BIRTHDAY!

Andee said...

The red, white and blue strings quilt is awesome! I need to make one of those!

Jill said...

The string quilt is awesome! Your quilt using Judy's pattern looks great...I like how you incorporated yellow and tan.

Ranch Wife said...

Someone has been putting the pedal to the metal! 2 empty buckets and it's only Jan. 4th! I'm impressed by your productivity and your pretty quilts!

Missy Shay said...

It looks great! My husband would probably want a flannel backing also, that's a good idea for the rail fence quilt I'm making my husband!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I love the string quilt! Super colours! Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Wow! Thats a lot of work for just the first week of 2013. Very pretty quilts!