Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pile Project Progress

Yesterday I got to get a lot of sewing in... I was surprised. But after I got a little tired of small pieces and started looking at my Piles.   ( The piles behind my sewing machine) And since one of my 2012 goals is to reduce some piles.... I grabbed a quilt and - *gasp* measured it, and

*gasp* made the binding for it.... and *double gasp*  BOUND it.... can you believe it?

I bought this kit.... its flannel... its yummy....

And my friend Denise V. pieced it for me.... and I added a flannel backing... and - did I say its Yummy.....


I chose pink striped flannel for the binding.... and its really really Yummy!!!
I used it all last night while I was watching TV with the kiddos....


So - look at me - its not even really 2012 and I have already started in on something. Maybe thats a sign for the new year? 

9 comments:

Heather said...

That is really cute.

Amy said...

Yay you! Excellent ringing in of 2012!!!
Ya gotsta love it when motivation and inspiration hits. I LOVE the colors!

beaquilter said...

this one looks GREAT!!

Vicki W said...

It's a really cute quilt and your pile is shorter! I got my QOV top done and it's in process of being quilted now. I still have hopes of getting it done and ready to mail before Dec 31!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Way to gooo! Woo-hoo, a finish.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, you are now officially called an over-achiever ;-)
Way to go!
Yes, these small Orca Bay pieces get to me, too - but a change of project always helps...

Unknown said...

Oh I love your quilt the colors are so yummy.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Way to go!! I cleaned up some of my piles as well! ;)

Scooquilt said...

That quilt is yummy! Congratulations on finishing one. I need to reduce my fabric piles.

I decided that I didn't have enough Superman fabric for a QOV, even "stretching"it with other fabrics, so I used it for a cancer pillow case in the Boxing Day sew-In (I made a dozen, all together). I have plenty of other fabric, and still hope to send you a quilt in 2012.