Monday, May 24, 2010

Wind

I despise the wind! It blew yesterday and was annoying, today it is gusting between 30 and 70 mph, it is AWFUL!!
`
We are all inside as the blowing sand just hurts. And we are not 100% inside people - we need our outside!! All the dogs are in their kennels and refusing to come out.
`
But on the good side of being inside - I am sewing!! Whoo Hoo. I needed to sew - as I am sewing I can just feel the crabbies, and stresses, and all that cranky stuff go away!!

`
Over on Judy L's Blog ( http://www.patchworktimes.com ) she started a sew along with a great quilt that would make an awesome Quilt of Valor. So of course, I pulled fabrics for it - because I might possibly have a few patriotic fabrics laying around the house. I already have the pieced cut for todays sewing step. As soon as I get dinner on the stove I am going to sit and sew.
`

All three of these Quilts of Valor were quilted by Loretta in LA. The top quilt was made by Jo D of the Livermore Quilters. This was her first or second quilt she ever made. And of course she has now made them for all the grandkids!!
`
The second quilt was made by Gerrie D. Her Brother in Law is a Vietnam Vet and a recipient of one of the first Quilts of Valor I ever made. I might have already told you, but every time I see the man I get the biggest bear hug, and am automatically considered family.
`
The last Quilt of Valor was made by Loretta's neighbor Doyleen . I love it!
`
Thanks Quilters!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, you're ahead of me on Judy's Memorial Day Challenge! This week is crazy busy; softball, volleyball, garden planting..... I don't know if I'll have a chance to stay caught up. But the instructions will get printed out for the future.

Lori said...

no sand here, but did leave my camper Monday night late as strong straight winds were predicted. No problems at my camper, but a few miles away a few campers were damaged by falling tree limbs. My camping neighbor Ric came over and got me, sweet man, he was worried about me! (I probably would have slept thru it)