Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visitors

Some visitors stopped by. At first I thought it might be because of my charm.
`
I think if you look at the pictures you will see it really wasn't about me at all!
`


I was very impressed by my horses. Usually they get a little hyper when people come out. They seem to think that everyone wants to hug on them, and end up fighting between themselves to get to the human. This would really not be so bad - except that I have more than one horse. And more than one can be intimidating!

`



The mares in the Top picture are Barbie and Broccoli. They have real registered names that are all proper and formal and all that - but I don't call them by those names. Kind of like my kids - I made up their names as well. And sometimes they can change based on their attitudes that day....


`



This one here - snuggling up to the tall soldier is Romeo. Usually he gets so close he knocks you over, but he was quite the gentleman on this day. This soldier fell in love with Romeo and offered to buy him.... he probably doesn't know that I can't break up a collection right? And his CO wanted to know where he thought to keep the horse when he got back on post!






This is Romeo again - he saw the camera come out and thought he would make the most of the opportunity.













Anyone want to guess how many horses I have? I can tell you I have more horses than soldiers that arrived......

`




6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool!

Paula, the quilter said...

I can see 8 horses. Am I close?

Lori said...

Hmmm..I am going to guess 10 horses! A nice even number.

Can't have an odd horse...or can you? IDK

Yes, they came for you...Don't be humble! LOL!!!

Amy said...

Make room! The Amy-clan from Wisconsin is coming over!!! My girls LOVED the pics of the horses---beautiful animals!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alycia, So proud of you for your 200 QOV quilts. Do you belong to the group and need help with expenses? All profits from my "Thanking Our Troops--God Bless America Touring Quilts" books and $100 exhibit rental fees go to provide quilts for wounded soldiers and families of the fallen. See www.HeavenlyPatchwork for photos of all 280 quilts touring. Enter your 22" quilt for a free book and chance at $2500 in corporate prizes and free advertising about your QOVs on the story label. Keep up the great work. Judy Howard

Lori said...

Horses and quilts, add in kids and life doesn't get much better! Laughed at your knowing where the bathroom was!