Friday, December 26, 2008

Catch up and Questions

Oops - I missed two photos of quilts that came from the Stitch Witches... I am so sorry. I sort my photos in my camera by date, and forgot to look at the next day.... the pics were there!
~
I even took a close up of the quilting on one - I thought some of you long arm or hand quiters might like to see some of that detail .
~
Questions:
Sometimes I get them in Comments - sometimes in emails - so I thought I would try to answer a few tonite. That way I can sit on the couch longer and make it look like I am working really really hard!
~
Question Number 1:
alycia, I have a bunch of quilt tops done, but should I send them to you, or are there some long arm quilters who I could send them to instead to save you some postage? Your list of quilt tops isn't getting much shorter. I want to help out, but I can't really quilt the bigger sized quilts on my little setup. I also don't know anybody local who would quilt them for free for me.
~
Well - there are a couple of ways to do this. Go ahead and send them to me, and I will get them done, or get them to some other wonderful LA'ers who will.
~
Or TWO: You can contact QOVF via the website - http://www.qovf.org and request a Longarmer. You can let them know that you would like them quilted and sent on to me . They can come to me unbound as well as someone will get them bound.
**Now about that quilt list - it is getting done I promise. I have pics of quite a few, I am getting them bound and will then move them up in the finished list. Every quilt with a * next to it is either at a LA'er, pinned for my machine, or at a binder. *I promise - scouts honor*
~
Question 2:
Can you use anything?
~
Time ( LOL) . Seriously...Chocolate! No again - Kidding.... - So far I am doing pretty well. I am going thru the backing and batting. Those would be the biggest things. But really - you all are so amazing with all the support and quilts coming it - this is great!
~
Question 3:
Is your Grammas donut Recipe a secret?
~
Well I have never asked. So I will ask the cousins and get back to you. They are really very good, but if a Krispy Kreme ever moves near me, you might find me there - a lot!
~
Question 4:
How many kids do you have?
~
Three - want one? Just kidding - I will keep all of them. All three are boys - they are a blast. But they eat - A LOT!! There are never any leftovers, which is good. I don't like leftovers. But on that same note - my chocolate mysteriously dissappears... its rough I tell ya!
~
I think that gets me up to the questions that I have recieved. I appreciate the attention! Hope you all have recovered from Christmas. Our floors are now visible, I have found the table and all is good in our house! Have a great one!

2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

i think my guys are going through a growth spurt. we've got a couple of meals that normally leave leftovers that are no longer doing so, or won't very much longer... hungry, hungry hippos. lol

Kay said...

Hooray for your work with the QOV's. I made a couple of these a year or so ago, and the work of the long arm quilters is so appreciated.