Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LCC Day at the Fair


A little bit ago the Larimer Co Fair and the Weld Co Fair were going on. My Moms groups got invited to do a demonstration of Quilts of Valor at the Larimer Co Fair... so we did! We set up for 4 hours in the quilt/cooking building and set up our sewing machines. We had a cutting board, a few quilts, some flyers that I made, and a few quilt patterns to convince people to help. There were a lot of folks interested. Sherry made this poster board explaining QOV and had a sample of qome quilt blocks . That is me in the White Tank top.

~


One of the ladies - Anne - Made this Americana Quilt. It is really neat - each square has something different in it that reminds her of America.


~


This Brown and Green Quilt is full of Horses. The center squares are all horses. This one is made by Willa. This was her second quilt.. EVER.. and now I think she is hooked - stay tuned for what she gave my mom this last weekend....


~


This is my Mom and my Oldest son working on cutting some squares. He cut, three ladies sewed, another girl ironed - it was quite a scene!


And just to be onery... I put the picture of the back of me in so that if you look real hard you can see my swimsuit tan lines. This will PROVE that I made it to the pool to swim laps a few times ( all you doubters - you owe me a chocolate LOL)
~
Today is the first day of school - So I got them all dropped off and it sure is quiet around here. Already got over an hour in on my quilting machine. Poor thing is worn out - it hasn't seen that much continous use for a few weeks!! Hope you all have a good one!
Alycia

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

How great that you had a chance to attend this event and promote QOV. Hope you get lots of extra input because of your efforts :)