Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not so Top Secret Project Quilted



Sometimes things just go my way and all sorts of tasks get done. I am even amazed... as it didn't seem to start that way. I had a customer quilt on my machine that should have been done last week - but it kept going and going and going. Oh - it is such a beautiful quilt... But huge ( especially compared to the quilts of Valor).

~ Saturday nite I finished it up enough to take it off so I can turn the border and I loaded my Not so Top Secret Project quilt on the machine. This morning my Husband wanted to sleep in ( a little) for Fathers day - coming from a 5am kind of guy, I thought okay - you sleep I'll quilt... and I DID!!!

~After he woke up we headed to town for church, some ice cream, and some swimming and came back... and I ran down to quilt some more.... and Look what I finished! I used the new batting from Quilters Dream called Dream Green - it is made from recycled Plastic Bottles and I saved 13 bottles from going into the land fill. It was very nice to quilt, feels just like a polyester batt, not a whole lot of fuzz... so so far it gets an A rating in my book.

Have a good one!

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congrats on getting this one done! Thans for the report on the batting too.

Gina said...

I hadn't heard of that batting before. I'll look out for it I think.

love and hugs xxx

Nicole & Phil said...

these QOV are gorgeous!
I am amazed at how much you can accomplish!
Well Done!

Nicole & Phil said...

these QOV are gorgeous!
I am amazed at how much you can accomplish!
Well Done!

Mary Johnson said...

I love those stolen times when I can sneak downstairs and quilt. Congratulations on another finish!

Helen in the UK said...

I've not heard of that batting, but LOVE the idea of it saving plastic bottles from landfil AND keeping someone warm :)

Edna said...

Can you tell me what you are using to bind the quilt?? No mention of it in the cutting instructions or in the final step.