Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heartbeat Quilting Quilts of Valor pt 2

We are cooling down from a swim meet at the moment . Just can't tough it enough to go back out in the direct sun yet.... But it was a great meet. The kids swam good. I was the starter - so that was fun and Dear Hubby kept the kids moving to the right events. Here is a Picture of one of the fun things that they do at practice... Boy the water felt good today!
These two quilts are from Heartbeat Quilting Group. They are very prolific and I have more to show you! I am guessing ( because I do that so well) That the plaid one is a dissappearing 9 patch quilt. It is so very soft - one you can defineatly cuddle into.
The other one - okay this has GOT to impress you - is from an Atkinson Design book called Happy Hour. And this must be the Triple Treat quilt. How do I know this you ask? Because ( jumping up and down wildly) I HAVE this book and Love it!!
Hope you all have a quilty day!


marilyn said...

Alycia, it's not a disappearing 9 patch because there aren't the little squares in the corners. It looks like a Turning 20 variation to me. But, I'm just guessing too. Isn't it fun to do that?

Cory said...

Alycia, This is a Turning Twenty pattern. This is a great thing you are doing for our troops. Keep up the good work. Take care and God bless, Cory