Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heartbeat Quilting Quilts of Valor pt 2





We are cooling down from a swim meet at the moment . Just can't tough it enough to go back out in the direct sun yet.... But it was a great meet. The kids swam good. I was the starter - so that was fun and Dear Hubby kept the kids moving to the right events. Here is a Picture of one of the fun things that they do at practice... Boy the water felt good today!
~
These two quilts are from Heartbeat Quilting Group. They are very prolific and I have more to show you! I am guessing ( because I do that so well) That the plaid one is a dissappearing 9 patch quilt. It is so very soft - one you can defineatly cuddle into.
~
The other one - okay this has GOT to impress you - is from an Atkinson Design book called Happy Hour. And this must be the Triple Treat quilt. How do I know this you ask? Because ( jumping up and down wildly) I HAVE this book and Love it!!
~
Hope you all have a quilty day!

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Alycia, it's not a disappearing 9 patch because there aren't the little squares in the corners. It looks like a Turning 20 variation to me. But, I'm just guessing too. Isn't it fun to do that?
Marilyn

Cory said...

Alycia, This is a Turning Twenty pattern. This is a great thing you are doing for our troops. Keep up the good work. Take care and God bless, Cory