Friday, September 13, 2024

Jelly Roll Finishes!! and Finished ( or not) Friday!

 I finished the Quilt of Valor Jelly Roll Race Prototype that my Sew group will be stitching this month!



National Jelly Roll day is the 21st and we should be stitching away!!!! 

LINK TO FREE PATTERN HERE


My Sweet Daisy does not pose as well as my Sweet Bella - she is more drawn to the ball in my hand!!!

This is the back!



And then... just cuz I was on a Jelly Roll kick = I quilted the one that Vickie made at least years Jelly Roll sew day. She Embellished it with an EAGLE!!


I LOVE that Eagle on there!!!


And then - since we are on a Quilt of Valor Kick - I awarded Some Quilts of Valor to these amazing Veterans:


One gentleman, a Marine, served in the Korean War at Chosin reservoir.

If that’s not a battle you are familiar with I suggest you research it , it’s incredible .
When we were at Quantico we were able to go to the Marine Corp museum. One of the rooms was set up to replicate Chosin Reservoir, and the temperature was freezing .



Now it is your turn!!
What amazing things did you finish (or not) this week??


Remember to link up your direct post
The link up stay open until Sunday at noon Colorado time
Share away!!




****************************Link up ********************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
********************The End*********************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! Nothing beats a post of gorgeous quilts than veterans in gorgeous quilts! I had not heard of Chosin Reservoir so thank you for that bit of info too. I can only imagine the horror. Thank goodness for brave men and women!

Linda said...

Beautiful finish, and I love that eagle quilt. Thanks for the info about Chosin, I look forward to reading about it. Daisy is a beautiful girl.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thank you for sharing about the special veterans you get to meet and honor. Love to see all your projects.

Vicki in MN said...

Another amazing amount of QOV's handed out, I am so impressed with your group!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

My birthfather was stationed at Quantico when I was conceived. He was sent on to Pendleton a few months before I was born. He and my sister and brother-in-law are very active with their local veterans. Although my birthfather was a marine during the Korean War he never served overseas. Still, every time I read about your work QOV of think of my birth family.

Sara said...

Wow - beautiful quilts!! And a moving story of that veteran. I love seeing the photos of the quilts wrapping the new recipients.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That is a great finish! It is a good story too!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What an amazing story of Buck Morning. Thank you so much for sharing the clipping of his experience. We are so blessed to have men and women who fight and sacrifice for our freedoms. The photo of all of the veterans draped in the quilts is so touching. Thank you again

Kate said...

Wow, that was quite a battle. They don't teach much about the Korean war in school and you don't see much written about it like you do the World Wars and Vietnam. Very cool jelly roll quilts!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful Quilts of Valor, and such a good cause! I'll make a note to do something Jelly Roll worthy on the 21st. My granddad was an army sergeant in the Korean war, in the Armored division. He got a citation for keeping the trucks running in the bitter cold during the retreat. He wrote a letter to my grandmother (which I still have) in case they didn't make it out.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful jelly roll quilts, and all the other Quilts of Valor! My granddad was in the army in the Korean War. He kept the trucks running in the bitter cold during the retreat.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, those are great jelly roll quilts! Sweet Daisy does look preoccupied! As always, thanks for the party :-)