Friday, September 29, 2023

Layer Cake Loop finish!! and!! Finished! (or not) Friday!!!

 My Layer Cake Loop top has hit is FINISHED!! stage for me!!!

I wasn't 100% sure where it was destined to go when I started it, but!!! I know that we have a backlog of need for Quilts of Valor in other states ( Colorado is doing pretty well yay!!)  ... and so!

It will go in the to be bound pile for our Sew day ... Binding is our October theme  and then I will find a state that needs it!!!


One of our QOV Members requested a quilt for her father in another state, and found out it would be quite a while as they were filling requests in the order they recieved them ( totally makes sense)  and her Father was way down there.


So we cheated - we made him a quilt and contacted that state coordinator to see if she would be willing to take our quilt and award it. She was!!!  and the award happened ,.... 


But since we jumped the line - I thought it would be nice if we could send her a quilt or two to help get there Veterans Covered.


So Layer Cake Loop is a Fat Quarter Shop pattern Here  Layer Cake Loop at FQS
But I did not cut the Layer cakes down - I re did the math so I used a Whole piece and built around that.. so Mine is 60 x 75 ish....

Do you have a quilt that would make a Great Quilt of Valor - here is the link to the info and how to get it to a group or State Coordinator to award: Quilts of Valor - Make a quilt




Now you know what time it is???
Time for you to SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!!

*Direct link to your post please!!!








*******************Link*************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
****************The end*********************



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

13 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

That is just the way a favor should be returned! Nice to help out!

Kat Scribner said...

Great quilt! You do good work to spread the love around, Alycia.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How nice to make a few quilts for them since they awarded your friends father.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How nice to be thanking the coordinator who "jumped the line" for your friend's father. Looks great and yay for not having to do the binding. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty one, Alycia, and such a kind use for it, too. Happy Friday!

Linda said...

It's beautiful - great pattern and colors - and so is your teal buffalo plaid quilt - oh my goodness! Your little baby "fetcher" is adorable.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This quilt is a beauty. So glad to hear that ya'll was able to work it out where the quilt could be sent.

Kathleen said...

Love that....adding Layer cake loop to my quickie quilts....it may even be my new baby quick quilt for a yoga friend this month!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Ooh, just what I like, a scrappy quilt with wonderful quilting, made for a good cause! It's just lovely, and so nice of you and your group to share.

Kathleen said...

Glad you finished the Lay Cake Loop! It is a great one. And so good that binding month is next month!

Bernie Kringel said...

I was under the impression QOV's were supposed to be patriotic in theme/color. Is this incorrect?
The quilt is so pretty. I love the soothing tones. Very nice Alycia.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great story to go with your crossing-the-line QOV! I like the pattern, too, and especially like that you used the whole piece!!!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, that is such a lovely quilt - the quilting really looks great on those neutrals. I'm sure that it will be appreciated!