Friday, September 08, 2023

Our Sew Group QOV and !!! Finished!!! *or not* Friday!!

This is our Group Quilt Of Valor!!! Each month someone teaches us a new block - and they have it pre-cut so we can stitch as many as she has cut!  Some quilters make a million - some make one.... ( Me!! Okay Me!! I make one!!)   


But it is so fun to all be together and stitch and gab and make fun of others. ( okay - again Me!! they make fun of me!!!)


Karen K taught us this block and then she took all the blocks and made them into tops.  Because I am the Lone Wolf... with one block - I volunteered to Quilt it... I mean at least I could do that haha!!


It will go in our To be Bound pile - and go to our Binding Sew day in October - where all the wonderful quilters will bind till their hearts are content !!

I saw this book on someone's blog and it intrigued me. Its actually a good book, It was a little slow in getting started, and the main character needed to find herself - but then it got good. She is dealing with things we have all done/ or are doing - like me now - cleaning out my parents belongings. 

( Which BTW - thank you for all the comments and suggestions about that - it really helped me to know that others had to do this , and know what they did. Helps me be stronger!!)

Any ways - it was a fun read  and now I want to start a museum.  Or maybe I will just start calling my house a museum and no one can get part with  anything!!!!

Lets get on with the good stuff.... 
  • What did you finish ( or not) this week? 
  • Did you get some great stitching time in with the holiday?  
  • Did you BBQ???

We got the last of the big Furniture out of the house - and it is now on the market.... Know anyone moving to Colorado - I have a house they need!!!!





*****************Link up ******************

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
******************The end*****************

Find me at all these places:

    

13 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun group QOV almost finish. I asked My Guy, he wasn't too keen to move to Colorado, it would be too big a commute and I'm not ready for him to retire just yet. Hope the house sells quickly.

Sara said...

Group QOV projects are fun, especially when they come together quickly. That is a great block!

Melva said...

What a lovely quilt you have. <3 I believe the housing market is still pretty hot in CO, so the sale should happen pretty quickly. Best of luck!
M

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well, it's a beautiful group effort and I think it's amazing you volunteered to quilt it. I didn't BBQ this week, but we had a lot of tacos and Mexican food (my favorite) for my birthday week. :)

quilter said...

The quilt looks lovely - and I especially love the quilting!!! Would love to know the name of the design! Sounds like you all had a lovely time. No BBQ for me - we are in the midst of a bathroom remodel!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent teamwork, Alycia!!

Delighted Hands said...

A beautiful quilt and a very nice job on the quilting!!! A museum is a great idea!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful QOV! The quilting looks like clouds around the stars. Good luck with selling the house, I'm sure there's someone who is just right for it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'll check out the book, it sounds like a good read. Your QOV is great, my "to be bound" pile keeps growing and growing!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I always enjoy seeing great QOV ideas. Thanks for sharing and hosting.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, great quilting! You ended up doing your part as well! It looks great.

Linda said...

What a beautiful finish. Your groups sounds like a lot of fun, in a big way due to you I'm sure! Wishing you continued success with the parental belongings distribution/clean-out.

San said...

Very pretty star quilt.

Will there be more puppy pictures soon?