Friday, September 15, 2023

Yellow and Blue Buffalo Gingham and!! Finished ( or not) Friday!!!

Happy Friday Morning my awesome friends!!

What has got me happy today?  The Temps are cooling into the 70's, we had a bit of rain, all the hay is gathered out of the fields and in the barn... Its looking good!!!!

I was able to sneak this one onto the long arm this week, and Surprise of all surprises.. I got it bound!! In the same week... and... because I try to tire Puppy Girl out before I quilt... we had quite a fun photo walk!!




I used a vintage looking cowboy print in blue - that is just so cute!! I need to make more quilts out of it!!! and a Stripe and a Yellow - it turned out bright and happy. ( but not exactly what I saw in my mind)

I had a fun scrappy back in my Backings pile that I pulled out - and I thought it just complimented this quilt. Added to the fun and happy whim about it.


Quilted it with an allover design that added texture and whimsy....


And ta da!!!   A finish!!!



I am all excited to see what you have finished ( or not) this week!!

I have been doing a little listing in my Etsy shop .. kind of fun updating that!! and of course hoping someone else likes what you make haha!

alyciaquiltygirl.etsy.com



You all know the drill!!!


  • Link up your direct post
  • Visit others and leave a kind word
  • Start stitching for next week!!!



****Link up Here****

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*****************The end***************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook


Linking to:

26 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely quilt! The gingham pattern looks like a fun and fairly quick quilt. I think I'm going to have to make one, happy stitching!

Kat Scribner said...

What a nice blue and yellow quilt. Everyone loves that combination. The back, what alot of piecing work in there. I thought I was looking at an image of a lama without it's head, of course.

Kate said...

Blue Buffalo Gingham is definitely a bright and happy quilt. Congrats on the finish.

Vicki in MN said...

Yay you for finishing up a sunny quilt:)

maggie fellow said...

I love blue and yellow - great fabric choices

Momma Llama said...

I agree that this quilt turned our bright and happy. Sometimes the easiest pattern, interesting fabrics and a creative mind will all work together to make a wonderful quilt, and cooler temperatures too.Well done.

Sunshine and Smiles,

Donna Weeks

Linda said...

What a beautiful finish! I love those colors together. Have fun with the pup!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish! I've not had much sewing time lately.

Anne-Marie said...

Love the blue and yellow together, so classic. The backing is such a fun surprise! Nice job!

grammajudyb said...

I really read want to do a gingham plaid quilt! I just need to commit and make it happen. The blue and yellow is a great combo. And the stripes ! Inspired! Well done!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your quilt is lovely and fresh looking with those colours, Alycia but it is your back that I just think is so interesting. What a great way to use those scrappy pieces!

Linda Swanekamp said...

A fun and fresh quilt. Love the back also!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The backing is super fun and unexpected. Congratulations on the full finish! Do you have ideas for using more of the cowboy print or are you already off working on something else?

Melva said...

I am loving the cooler weather and welcome the moisture as well. <3 Great job in getting the quilting and the binding done in the same week! Well done. :)

Margo Yang said...

It truly is a happy quilt! Beautiful both front and back. Love it!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Fall is on its way. It is so nice to hear that the hay is all put away in the barn. We are working on the 3rd cutting today. Your quilt is adorable. Such a sweet cowboy print as well. Have a great weekend.

Chantal said...

Yellow and blue look so good together and yet they are so different. Opposite attract, I guess. You did a great job with these prints. I love it. Bravo! ;^)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

For someone's blog that is titled finished or not, I'm very impressed with the number of finishes I see you churning out. Blue and yellow make for a great palette. So cheery.

Sara said...

Very pretty. Yellow and blue is one of my favorite color combos, even though I rarely use it in quilts. I'm not sure why that is. LOL

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful!!!! I saw several 'plaid' quilts like this at the Jax quilt show and I thought of you!

Vivian said...

Okay, love the Gingham look but also love that improv scrappy backing! That makes it a two-fer quilt since you could display either side! This would also be a great design for a Ukrainian donation quilt.

karenbbsnow said...

Love the Gingham, so many options with this pattern and I really like this version. I did one in black and grey for my son .... another one may be in my future.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great finish! Calm and lovely on the front, and party on the back! Love it!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That backing is a hoot! How come I never find a fun back like that in my stash :)

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, that's a great, happy quilt! Congrats on your finishing it up, including the binding lol. Have a great week.

Snowcatcher said...

Just love that this is, in essence, a two-sided quilt! Truly a very happy quilt!