Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Jelly Roll Race Day

Saturday was National jelly roll day..

And for those of you who do not quilt ….

It’s a roll of 2 1/2 inch strips off fabric ….

Not a yummy gooey jelly roll like grandma used to make

( yes I too feel your pain about that !! )
So my Quilt of Valor sew group got together and all 21 of us started a jelly roll quilt !!!
This is one of the first tops completed by Jeri F !!
Soon we should have 20 more of them to brag about and get ready to award them to Veterans touched by War


Our Class leader was Olive - she taught us the concept and had lots of fun ideas to add blocks to them!!

The coolest thing - All I had to do was provide the Jelly Rolls - Olive took over the sew day - the quilters quilted like the wind... I LOVED it!!!



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

6 comments:

abelian said...

I like Olive’s idea of adding blocks. Those stars make it so much better than a plain old jelly roll race. Dot

Terri said...

Nice one! I, too, like the star addition. This one gives new meaning to the phrase "stars and stripes".

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Adding the stars to the jelly roll race was such a lovely idea. Sounds like there are a lot of quilt tops that need quilted!

Snowcatcher said...

That turned out really nice! I don't have any patriotic jelly rolls, but this sure does make me want to start collecting them!

Kate said...

I like the row of stars across the top, adds some fun to the strips.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great way to use those Jelly Rolls!