Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Teal Rainbow Scrap challenge Buffalo Plaid quilt

 Heck fire - that's a title right??  

The RSC color of September is Aqua - and I have taken creative liberties - I can't get to the Aqua...

But the Teal and the Hawaiian just jumped right out at me - so I attempted another Buffalo Plaid quilt...





I think this is a fun one!!! And of course!! it uses some of my Hawaiian themed stash... you might think I have used it all - but I think my bin would beg to differ... altho!! I am getting down to small pieces!!

I am thinking to quilt it with something beachy... it may be a bit because ( bless you my quilty clients) my Clients have brought me some of THE MOST amazing Quilts to quilt!! I love it - and I am excited to get up each day and dig right in!!!  

And then of course - you need to see my baby right?  She is just the best ( and the worst!!) She is so fun - we are now fetching quite impressively - until she decides she is hungry... and then it is a mad dash to the food bin, and she sits patiently until you *get* that she is hungry...





I will be linking up to:


In the meantime check out some of these Clothing patterns that I have found and have listed  - I think they are SO fun!!! and they were my Grandmas... She was THE BEST seamstress . One funny - my uncle told my boys that his mom used to make his boxers... my boys Howled!!!!


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

14 comments:

Sara said...

That is so pretty in those colors! Do you use 5" squares? What a cute puppy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Ooh, I love this one! The Hawaiian print is perfect with the aqua - it does have a beachy feel. You keep coming up with great ideas for the Buffalo plaid theme!

Kat Scribner said...

So pretty . Love that hawaiian print. and always love the puppies, young and old!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well that's a really fun plaid quilt! I'm so glad to hear you are having fun getting up and working on client quilts each day, and I look forward to seeing what beachy motif you choose to quilt this one with.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think this is the best Buffalo Plaid quilt top that you have made. Teal is like dark aqua so you are in the right ballpark.

Delighted Hands said...

This quilt is so much fun! I love how the colors make an excellent plaid!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the Teal Aqua Hawaiian gingham quilt top!!! Cute puppy . . .

Nann said...

What a great combination of prints! The floral is so lively and the other two make it shine. How can you resist those puppy-eyes? LOL!

Kathleen said...

What a perfect quilt! Love the colors and that floral is so fun. The doggo....warms my heart.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Teal is just a dark shade of Aqua. Great job.

grammajudyb said...

Another great Buffalo Plaid quilt! Cuuuute! You have really been on a roll! And making me want to try one! I know I keep saying that! The ideas are percolating in my head! Another cutey is the pup! Does she have a name or is it just Baby? 😊

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of your TEAL scraps and happy quilting!!

Cathy said...

Oh my, that Hawaiian print buffalo plaid is absolutely adorable! a total WIN!!

Bernie Kringel said...

I love any and all buffalo plaid quilts. Yet I have not made one! Whenever I see them I really want to go upstairs and start one. I am under strict orders (from me to me) not so begin anything else though. Sigh.

That puppy is adorable!!!!