Friday, August 11, 2023

The Scrappy Plaid!!! and! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

I am pretty sure that every Quilt has a story, but sometimes I actually remember the story of the quilts!! and I just have to tell you!!!

So!!

Back in 2019 - I led a Mystery called * the Marvelous Mystery * It was designed by Linda https://artinsearch.blogspot.com/ and she allowed our group to do it!! it was awesome


Isn't this a great one?

For each of those chisel blocks on the border... if you do the no waste thing - you get a bonus half square for every chisel...

and what is a girl to do with the bonus??

Oh that's right!! Add them to a PILE!!!

Let them ferment a bit, and then!!

PULL THEM OUT again....

along with a pile of strips and strings and more plaid.


And you start using said Half square as the start of a new block.... you can tell its the evening time... see the sunset colors starting to creep in ( sure you say... go with that.....)


The blocks start to grow, and you had no real idea of where they should go, but you are having fun....

You lay it out on the design wall and you fall in LOVE with the wonkiness, the randomness and because you are a PPP...

You put it back in a pile... but this time... you have the rows pinned - because you KNOW you will come back to it.... tomorrow you say....


Well GUESS WHAT!!!

I am no BACK TO IT!!!
Oh ya!!

and are you ready??

Because it is MORE THAN A TOP.....





It is a Topped, Quilted and... wait for it... a BOUND quilt finish!!!



And it is still random. and I still love it, and .... I need a bigger house for all these plaid quilts haha!!

I also took a Black and white photo, because it sort of intrigued me - the color play and I thought maybe I could see if , even in its randomness, I had some sort of color scheme....




Pretty sure I didn't... but it sure looks cool!!!  - Hmmmm Maybe a Black and white quilt is in my future!


and now...it is what you have all been waiting for.....
Finished!!! ( or not) Friday!!!!!






*****Link here****

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**** The end - go read a blog or 12 *****


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook


15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, how wonderful! Fantastic quilt with all those scraps and triangles. Was a surprise to see the mystery quilt pattern this morning with my coffee.

Cathy said...

Oh I just love how your latest plaid quilt turned out. I really like the idea of using an HST as a starter for quarter log cabin blocks. Hmmmm...my crystal ball says there is one in my future.

maggie fellow said...

ooo that is great

Kat Scribner said...

Well you have been VERY busy and have so much plaids !! Love both of them!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think your latest plaid quilt is awesome! I love scrappy randomness and you nailed it with this one.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is amazing! What a fun quilt to puzzle through, and a great finish, too!

Chantal said...

I love scrappy quilts and I love plaid. Your latest quilt, topped, quilted and bound is a big "OMG! I love it" and "I want one" for me. Congratulations! ;^)

Melva said...

I, like you, love the scrappiness and wonkiness of it. Great job!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks great! I'm glad that it made it out of the piles and turned into a beautiful finish. :)

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love your new plaid quilt! So fun, and so successful!

Delighted Hands said...

Fantastic story! The white really pops to me--what a great finish this week!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Amazing how a few leftover HST and plaid strip remnants resulted into a quilt. Your black and white photo of same is a good reminder of the importance of value. It proves you have a well balanced and random quilt.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a beautiful quilt, Alycia. I have always had a fondness for plaids and you have a great collection of them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Look at you go, Alycia!!

Vicki W said...

What a fun quilt with the scrappy blocks and triangles!