Monday, October 31, 2022

Storing of the Quilts and the Scrappy Design Wall

 I have always wondered how people store their quilts, and when they show me on their blog I am amazed. Its such fun to see what hangs where, and how they keep their precious quilts.

For a While I had them piled on a bed, but then I had a child who needed that bed... so I started looking for other options.

I decided I would put them in a closet, but found the piling them on the floor made it hard to see what  I had, and it was a LOT of work to get that bottom one out.... and then I thought about hangers!!!

I found these really heavy duty hangers:


And I thought those would work? So I ordered a set and got to hanging quilts - and so far!!
I LOVE them!!


They come in Sets of 6, and you know - in my innocence - I figured 6 would do the trick... I was wrong... I am on the 3rd set now!!!

You can find them here : Heavy Duty Hangers if you are interested. It sure makes it nice to have my quilts hanging up where I can see them.


It might even make it easier to change out my quilts for the holidays.... A girl can dream right????


NOW!! what is on my design wall?

In the ever attempt of whittling down the piles... I have made a mess!!

I started with 12 of these little blocks, then started counting my Half squares... I could made 48!!

So I sat down and started stitching.... and before I had to go do chores I had this: 



And then!! 
I got all 48 of them done!!!


One of my kids said that is just a total unorganized mess.... and I thought... I totally understand this quilt.... I am pretty sure it will stay as is... Random Plaids


Until Next Time...... 




Linking to:

Design Wall Monday

Sew and Tell


12 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, I love your Random Plaids!!!! They're perfect!!!

Delighted Hands said...

I love it--The Intersection of Improv and Scrappy!!!!

Nann said...

Oh, wow. You had me at plaid and I stayed for scrappy!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I promise to give it a loving home … Quiltdivajulie

Bonnie said...

I'm impressed with how you seem to power through your scraps. (I mentally do it but not in reality!). Darn, the hangers are out of stock. I have a great quilt closet but it would definitely be improved by the hangers. I'm using plastic hangers now and the bigger quilts don't do well on them. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Those heavy duty hangars look like a fantastic way to store your quilts. I have mine folded and on shelves, and I agree it can be hard to see what you have in big stacks. And I really like the 48 blocks, have fun finishing up that quilt top!

Sharon Wagner said...

I have boxes and bins of fabric in my basement. I used to do so much sewing. Scraps indeed. Happy Halloween!

loulee said...

I like the randomness of it.
I hang my quilts like that too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those hangers look a lot easier to load than the bedspread hangers I am using. Thanks for the idea.

grammajudyb said...

I am going to keep searching for those hangers. OMG the Random Plaid is amazing!!! If only I could get to that place.

Kate said...

Hanging quilt is such a good idea, but I'm out of hanging spaces in my closets. Love the random plaids, there's something to look at everywhere!

Kathleen said...

Love the hangars! I am always looking for interesting ways to store quilts. NOW, if I could only convince my husband to let me change the quilts...he likes the ones on the bed. No change is good for him....but I would rather see the pretties!