Monday, October 17, 2022

Batik Spools ( and a Patriotic one too)

 Back in Late August I went fabric shopping with a few friends. We all joked about how sometimes we buy fabric and then don't get to using it quickly.  I decided I Was going to prove myself wrong!

I came home and unrolled my Batik Jelly roll, and I cut the white batik up in strips and I made 2 blocks.... and then....  



Well - today it is October and I am back to progressing on it.... HOW????

does this happen!!!




I know that I had such fun making the blocks that I decided it would be a cool one to do for our QOV sew day ( Distraction #1)

I also had 4 more horse competitions before the end of the Series ( Distraction #2)

I had to go see one one my kids ( Distraction #3)

and then I had to go see another one ( Distraction #4)

Oh ya - and I have to work.... at least I LOVE my work!!! so I can't really call that a Distraction ( Can I?)

We had to refence a section of our property ( Distraction #5)

The garden overflowed so I canned for 4 days straight ( Distraction #6)

NO MORE DISTRACTIONS!

I have now stitched all the blocks and am working on arranging them!!!


progress!!!!

I think it looks very Wintery ! 

oh!! and I got some of  the Spool blocks sewn into a top from our QOV sew day!!


That is all folks!!!


Have a great week!


linking to:

Midweek Makers



11 comments:

Michelle said...

These are both fabulous quilts, Alycia! I especially love the wintry version.

Delighted Hands said...

You made up for the lost time by doing two of the Spool tops--great job! I really like the all blues one--very calm.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, the blues are oh so lovely together! Love how it is coming out even if it took a while.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Life tends to move right on by whether we want it to or not, doesn't it? I think the wintery blue blocks look great. And having a second QOV version sewn into a top is fantastic progress.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

My goodness, you've been busy! I love both versions of your spool quilts - so pretty!

cityquilter grace said...

lots of great sewing i'd say...both are very pretty!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Presumably visiting kids is a welcome distraction. Your project is turning out great.

Bernie Kringel said...

Life provides many distractions! Work is a distraction whether you like it or not - tho a much better one if you enjoy your job. The spools are super cute - I really like the blue and white. :-)

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the spool blocks. I have avoid patterns like that because I don't like to deal with so many bias seams. Any problems with that?

Kate said...

I really hate distractions (well except the visiting the kid one). You ended up with two very fun quilts in spite of all the distractions.

Snowcatcher said...

You are busier than me! How amazing that you can get such a beautiful top going with so many "distractions"! Both tops are just gorgeous!