Monday, August 29, 2022

I *gasp* went to a fabric store.... or two....

 Three of my friends commandeered me and my car - and they *forced* me to go to a fabric shop or two.... there was nothing I could do!!.... I had to go along with them.....


and the First store we stopped at was * The Quilt Store

Its under a new owner - you might know her - Dawna? She is an amazing Pantograph designer and now!!! A quilt Shop Owner!!! So .... it was perfect that we stopped in and made a little dent in her shop and!!! She walked in... ( and I forgot to take a photo!)

But!!

Look what I found there: 


Now that pattern - that is going to be made with Patriotics ( YES!! a Quilt of Valor!!! )./... But !! it is pattern designed by Dawna - and I fan girled her - I made her sign it!!!

the pattern I am going to use those yummy flannels with is under it!!! I forgot to spread it out!!

We then loaded up and headed to Lyons - and there was a yummy BBQ joint called Smokin' Daves that called our name.... it was right next to:


and of course I found a little bit of fabric there - which of course - I came home and started stitching... before I took its photo!!

hey! Side note!! Did you know that Sandra at MMM QUilts hosts a link party called DrEAMi!!! 
* that means Drop everything and Make it!!***  

So I am totally blaming her for me starting another project ( sounds about right, right???? haha)



So these are the strips on tis project... aren't these gorgeous Batiks? They Looked wintery to me, and I am so over the 95+ degree days.... so yes, I am one of those that is dreaming of Fall and Winter.....

and here is a shot of the first blocks:



Even though bills, Laundry and catch up house stuff is on my list for today, I am turning the paper over and seeing how far I can get on this one.... before someone catches me ;-)

Linking to:

Design Wall Monday     Monday Making     Midweek makers


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

12 comments:

Sara said...

Laundry and other chores are on my list for today too. But seeing your new fabrics sure makes me want to visit a quilt shop or two. I'm hoping to stop in a couple of them on the way to a family reunion on Friday.

loulee said...

Some lovely purchases. You can't beat a day out with the girls.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those quilt blocks are beautiful! Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love both of those shops! I always stop in either one if we are in the vicinity, and I never go home empty handed. Looks like you had fun, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, just so lovely. I have made those blocks a couple of times and they are just wonderful. Good for you, fabric shopping!

Bonnie said...

Chores would be last on my list. Love the blues and the greats/blacks. Are they flannel? They look really rich. Looking forward to seeing what you get done. So my work method is stitch for an hour, clean, or cook, or pay bills for 20 minutes. Rinse and repeat. But of course, even less time is spent on the chore side.

Vicki in MN said...

Fabric acquisitions are always fun no matter how they come about:) But doing it with friends is like adding a cherry on top! I like your blue batik blocks, did you wing it or have a pattern?

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a FUN day - and such beautiful fabrics! Good for you!!!!!

Debra said...

Oh what fun you had with the girls!!
Nice fabrics too. Beautiful blocks!!

Michelle said...

It’s so tough when you are *forced* to go fabric shopping. Oh the horror! LOL! Your new projects are off to a great start.

Delighted Hands said...

Nothing like a couple of quilt shops to stir the creative juices! Love the latest blocks!

Susan said...

So much pretty fabric to play with!