Monday, October 10, 2022

Spools on the Design Wall

 Our QOV sew day was so much fun!!! I had cut a Bunch of 2 1/2 inch strips so we could stitch and talk and .... create these:


We just sew - stick the blocks up and see how far we can get! So yes, I know some of them aren't in the right order - but they still need to be trimmed too...

Now I have them home, re pressed just in case - and am trimming them up. This is what I have on the wall so far.. Isn't it going to be fun?

This is called the spool pattern - and you can get it here : Mary Quilts  ( for FREE!!!)

AND!! Bonus!! if you are doing my Long May She Wave Mystery - you need the Companion Angle - well guess what??? You need it for this block too - so you are a step ahead of the game!!!!





At the end of our Sew Time some Amazing Veterans came in and!!
WE got to award them Quilts of Valor!!



I love this photo - with all the pretties  - but!
I love this one better.... check out the service dog!!!
Is he not PERFECT





Back to work!! I think we made enough blocks for at least Two quilts.... It was a fun day!

Linking to : Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

12 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

What a gorgeous quilt you ladies are working on.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the variety of spools. QOV Fun! Thanks for sharing.

Sara said...

Love those spool blocks for a QOV. Great job! Our group is meeting for a sew day on Wednesday this week. We have blocks made and collected for 3 new quilts, so I'm hoping we get the tops all made. I also have 7 presentation pillowcases kitted up to sew as well.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great quilt block!
LOVE the last photo of the quilt recipients with the dog... he/she also needs a "thank you for your service" quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, the spools will be so much fun to make! The presentation is precious as usual. Nice work on your quilt group progress!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like a productive and fun sew day!!

Michelle said...

Well done on the blocks! And it’s so nice to see the vets with their quilts.

Anonymous said...

We just arrived to our winter house. The past 3 days reacquainted with my stash here and needing a bright idea... and this pops up !!! Thank you!!
I sew for both kids n soldiers . So that at least two I will use this design for.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The spools look great and thanks for sharing the QOV Awards! I always smile when I see 'one' that I gifted to you being awarded! It makes me want to send more QOV's your way!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute spool blocks.

Susan said...

The spool is a great design, and I love the way you get together to do these. The veterans, with and without the dog, are just wonderful and their quilts beautiful.

Cathy said...

Oh gosh! I really like those spools. I've seen them before on Mary's blog but I never actually went and looked at the instructions for making them. They are easier than they look so I may be making some one of these days.

And what a variety of quilts on those veterans!