Friday, August 25, 2023

Framed 9 Patch Finish and!! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

This week has been a crazy one for me... and it didn't seem like I got much quilting in - so Imagine my surprise, when I actually did have a finish!! 


My Birthday was last Saturday and Two of my boys came home to go Hiking with us. It was a blast, and while they were here.... 

Every time we went to my parents house for the last 20 years - my mom or dad has had something for us to move, hang, or help with... and you know - you just do it - no whining... 

... I channeled my parents - and said... while you are here... haha! We did the desk ( in Mondays post) and then we re built a dog kennel... more on that later. And then we moved boxes . Lots of boxes so I can sort thru things easier. It was great and I teased them that they will never get out of moving things until they have kids that can do it ;-)

They have all left me now... they were smart 💗🤣



I did get this Framed 9 patch quilted tho!! so go me!! It is going to be a Quilt of Valor - so you all know what that means?  ( and of course why it gets to be classified as Finished)   I don't have to BIND it!!! We have a Binding sew day in October - and it will get done then....

And if you are into mysteries - the second clue has now been posted for Four Corners - you jus have to join here: https://groups.io/g/MysteryQuilts4Military


*Link up a Finished ( or not) Post

*please provide a direct link

* Visit and leave encouraging words!!!


Link up here :


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********The end - go sew**********

15 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! I must be doing something wrong, I'm still moving boxes for my girl. Have a great week.

maggie fellow said...

the quilt is great and I have moved onto grandchildren who seem more eager than their parents did

Linda said...

That is a beautiful finish - such pretty prints! We were talking about possibly moving in the next 2 or 3 years and how we would get our daughter and her new Hubs to come and help us pack this time - lol!

Cathy said...

Oh, that's a neat QOV Framed 9P. Reminds me I have a Framed 9P in the TBQ (To Be Quilted) pile.

No one ever wants to help me do a darned thing around here even with bribes! (Sigh).

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you got in a nice visit (and got some help) for your birthday. The quilt looks fantastic and hooray for not needing to bind it. :)

Anonymous said...

Your quilt looks great! Can't wait to hear about the dog kennel part! =)
Happy (belated) Birthday!! Glad you had a great day!
~Kathy C in Canada

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful quilt in interesting fabrics. I had to smile because SIL has a list every time he's here of things that are too high up or heavy for us to manage. Yes it seems something to be moved quite often, always and we so appreciate it.

Chantal said...

Lol, I'm the same with my boys. Can you move this, please? Can you reach that box for me, please? Can you open this jar? When they complain I say; "I gave you life exactly for that reason; to do the things I can't, lol." I think all parents enjoy having their children help them. Bravo on the finish! And a belated happy birthday to you! ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish, Alycia. It sounds like you had a great birthday weekend and a very busy one at that. I had to giggle when you said " you channeled your parents " and then started naming off what all the boys helped you with. How sweet is that.

Vicki W said...

The Framed 9P is beautiful and the sky behind it is SPECTAUCLAR!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fab QOV finish!!! Fun that you don't have to bind it yourself! Great help from your sons, too!!! It feels good to be helpful.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Congratulations on your finish, but especially on getting your boys to help you around the house.

quiltingbydawn said...

Nice finish for QOV! What not plaids? JK

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Happy belated birthday! And congrats on the nice Quilt of Valor. It's wonderful to see how much you do for others.

Delighted Hands said...

Belated happy birthday! sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday! The quilt is a beauty!