Monday, December 12, 2022

The end of my Plaid Crumb Blocks.... for now

 The Design Wall:



From My Little Bin of Plaid scraps .... I can not believe how many things came from such a small box...

Which really makes me worry, as I have some Large boxes of fabric and I may be in for it!!!

I already made this quilt top with my crumbs:


For this one I pulled the Half squares and longer strings....


But I just couldn't stop there....








I also made the crumb Blocks for this one....


and now... I have 25 more crumb blocks up on the design wall.


I will come up with a setting for them, or something - you will have to stay tuned. I am sure a great design will come to me in the middle of the night, and I will jump out of bed and head to the sewing machine and annoy my dog...




Oh!! and there is still one more project that I am eeking out of the box..... and then I will close the lid until the scraps multiply again...


Want to see the eeking project?????

Are you sure???



Hourglass Blocks... in Plaid ( sigh... such love) 

each of these blocks are 4 inches so that is not going to make a very big quilt - but, I think I will sew it like this and see if some amazing border ideas come to me?

I think with just these it will be about 38 x 45 inches.... Stay Tuned..... it may be something entirely different!!


Linking to: Design Wall Monday with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrications

Patchwork Party at Quilting Patch

Oh Scrap at Quilting is more fun than Housework


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your plaid crumb blocks are amazing! I don't have any plaid scraps - but now I wish I did, lol!

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent transformation for these plaid scraps! Beautiful.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Maybe there are exciting border options lurking in some of those bigger boxes you mentioned (tee tee). I do love your plaid quilts!!!

Michelle said...

These are all fun, amazing quilts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh those hourglass blocks are delightful. Have fun sewing and finishing these two off!

Deb said...

Oh I do love crumb blocks and those plaid ones are dandy! And they do seem to go on forever, but they make great use of all our leftover bits!! Have a great Week!

loulee said...

You have made some amazing quilts while seeking the bottom of that box. Love those hourglass blocks.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

congrats on getting the lid to the plaid crumbs closed! Scary how many quilts result from a tiny box of fabric!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You can certainly turn scraps into gold.

Anonymous said...

I love your plaid quilts, as I love plaids as well! Not everyone's cup of tea- but then there is more plaid fabric for us! I do have a hard time finding plaid fabric- are you using recycled shirts? Or do you have a favorite LQS/online?
Kathy

Paulette said...

I LOVE your plaid crumb quilts and hourglass blocks! I've got a bunch of plaid scraps in a bin downstairs, so this is great inspiration. What I think is great about the hourglass quilt are the HSTs popped in as a little surprise. Don't know if they're just placeholders for now or you'll actually sew it together this way, but I like it!

Susan said...

I'm impressed with how well you are using your scarps - well done!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

while I was reading your post, it was ha's and ho's every time a new photo appeared! I love your crumb blocks! How exciting to have so many quilts-to-be, you may even mix the blocks ;)
Thank you for sharing this inspiring post, and linking up!

Judy Hansen said...

Nice use of your plaids. I still have lots of plaids after making a bunch of quilts with plaids last year. I shall put the plaids on the list of 2023 quilts to make - at some point the stash has to go down, right?
Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Hugs, Judy

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Wonderful plaid quilts. Such a great way touse those fabrics, very effective.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You and your plaid scraps have made some really nice quilt tops, Alycia! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with those Hourglass blocks. Will we get a look at the nearly empty plaid bin??